NEW HiBy R4
Apr 9, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #61 of 333

HiBy R4 has landed!​

Based on the settings, these are the specs I got from these

Snapdragon 665
3gb RAM + 32gb Storage (with 2TB external)
4500mAh battery
ES9018C2M x 4

No power output data yet, but it's more than enough to power all my IEMs below 50vol at low gain.

Also, the design is awesome and I love that they tried to do something weird LOL
Looks very nice. Any chance you can share it's width? Hoping it's not too thick to carry around in pocket. Also hoping the UI is responsive, my only worries, other than that I really hope I can go for this one.

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #62 of 333
Looks very nice. Any chance you can share it's width? Hoping it's not too thick to carry around in pocket. Also hoping the UI is responsive, my only worries, other than that I really hope I can go for this one.
Hiby's other SD660/SD665 based players are very responsive, so I would expect the same here. I'm surprised it's on sale already without more published specs and pricing.

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #63 of 333
Hiby's other SD660/SD665 based players are very responsive, so I would expect the same here. I'm surprised it's on sale already without more published specs and pricing.
Where?

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #67 of 333
Yeah, that makes more sense. I guess I'm used to @gLer or @twister6 getting early access for reviews and info.
I should get mine tomorrow but it'll be a little while before I get a proper review out. Will pop back here with some early impressions as soon as I can.

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #68 of 333
I like the styling and props to Hiby for trying something different, I imagine it’ll take a fair bit of abuse.

Also looks like it was designed as a prop for the film “The Fifth Element”, and that’s a good thing.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #69 of 333

HiBy R4 has landed!​

Based on the settings, these are the specs I got from these

Snapdragon 665
3gb RAM + 32gb Storage (with 2TB external)
4500mAh battery
ES9018C2M x 4

No power output data yet, but it's more than enough to power all my IEMs below 50vol at low gain.

Also, the design is awesome and I love that they tried to do something weird LOL

Size & weight please?
Size: 129.6 x 68.3 x 18.5mm
Weight: 231g

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #70 of 333
I was all set to spend my DAP fund on an N3Ultra but the more Iook at the R4 I am thinking of getting it and spending the difference between it and the N3Ultra on a desktop tube amp instead. I am projecting the R4 will cost me about half of what the N3Ultra will cost me to import to Canada. So that difference should get me a pretty decent desktop tube amp. I spend most of my time listening to music in my man cave anyway so pairing the R4 with a nice tube amp makes a very practical choice.

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #72 of 333
I should get mine tomorrow but it'll be a little while before I get a proper review out. Will pop back here with some early impressions as soon as I can.

Look forward to it. I would be grateful for a couple of paragraphs about the design please. Trying to get my head around the PR photographs and the utility of the built-in carabiner attachment. If hooked to a bag does that mean any faster than walking pace the device will bang against something or what

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #73 of 333
Does it have line out functionality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back