New hearing aid
Apr 9, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 7
I don't know about that, I think there are a lot of people here who do listen too loud and too long. Too long especially, that can be just as bad or worse. It would be interesting to see a poll about that. I would make one, but I'm using my phone right now and don't know if I could make a decent poll with it.

Apr 9, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #5 of 7
Well it looked cool for my daughter (who is deaf) until I read this little line.

Quote:

Lyric is designed for people with mild to moderately severe hearing loss

She has profound hearing loss in her right ear (left ear has a cochlear implant)and a hearing aid that would work while she sleeps would have been a huge help for us/her.

Sep 15, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
And that we tend to be much more careful with our hearing that the average person.

I would agree with you and CDbacklash. I know that I listen much more quietly than my friends at any volume. In fact it is on of the best parts of high end equipment, IMO, that all details are clearly audible at lower and lower volumes.

Dec 14, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #7 of 7
Me and my partner tried them.

They are a very interesting invention and cool service (you pay monthly)

But they cut off low frequencies too much.

Great for speech intelligibility - poor for music IMHO.

We are trying these next.

https://www.signia.net/en-gb/hearing-aids/silk-x/

I plan to use:

Airpods for iphone music & late night TV

Nothing when listening to my hifi - as I have a parametric eq set in Roon to compensate for the particular high frequency loss I have

Signia Silks at all other times.(taking them out for showers & sleep.)

Wil report back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back