New Heaphone Question - Ultrasone ALO780J
Jun 8, 2008 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

raffy

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my hands on a used Ultrasone ALO780 w/ the Jena Labs Recable. It is terminated with a fairly beefy and heavy Furutech 1/4 plug. My question is, which 1/4 to mini adapter would you recommend for this phone w/o sound degradation. I am using it with my Pico for the moment until I can get a full-sized amp. I'm currently using a Grado adaptor which is fine but I am thinking that the smaller gauge wire used in the adapter may negate my recable upgrade. I also have one of those plain slip-on 1/4 to mini adapters I don't use coz I worry since that makes the whole plug assembly even longer, the weight of the plug might wear out or damage the mini out of the Pico. Any suggestions?

Jun 8, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Go Grado, they are cheap and sound good.

Jun 9, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by raffy
I just got my hands on a used Ultrasone ALO780 w/ the Jena Labs Recable. It is terminated with a fairly beefy and heavy Furutech 1/4 plug. My question is, which 1/4 to mini adapter would you recommend for this phone w/o sound degradation. I am using it with my Pico for the moment until I can get a full-sized amp. I'm currently using a Grado adaptor which is fine but I am thinking that the smaller gauge wire used in the adapter may negate my recable upgrade. I also have one of those plain slip-on 1/4 to mini adapters I don't use coz I worry since that makes the whole plug assembly even longer, the weight of the plug might wear out or damage the mini out of the Pico. Any suggestions?

audiocats made me a nice silver cabled 1/8" plug to 1/4" jack adapter, similar in function to the Grado adapter (sennheiser also has one like Grado that comes with the HD650).

You should be able to pm audiocats, or barqy or highflyin9 or warrior05 or fatman711 to build you a nice one for about $40 or so. I have cables from all of them and they are made well and sound good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nick,

Your first and only post since you vanished Jan 27 2008 and all we get is "." ??

How have you been!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back