New headset + soundcard
Nov 18, 2010 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Gamingfreak977

New Head-Fier
So I'm new to these forums but I've been reading them for a while now and decided i would make a post. Right now i have a X-fi xtremegamer sound card and PC350(modded) headset and from what I've been reading on here i could do much better. With christmas coming up I'm starting to look at getting a new sound card and headset. From what i can tell if you buy a headset your basically sacrificing sound quality just for the convenience of having a mic attached to the thing. So far i like the look of the HD555 with a clip on mic (i'll do the mod of course) and for a sound card i was looking at the Xonar essence stx since it has the built in amp. What do you guys think? If there's a better combo out there please let me know. Thanks for the advice. :)

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 3
Well i just ordered the HD555's and the zalman mic since 1 side of my PC350 seems to be playing some sounds louder than others and its driving me insane. So now I'm wondering if i should get a new sound card with an amp built in or just get an amp to go with my X-fi xtremegamer card. What do you guys think? Btw i use my comp for just about everything, movies, music and gaming so something to keep in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back