New HeadSave Classic Pics
Dec 9, 2004 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Lisa

Headphoneus Supremus
Or rather bad webcam shots that don't do the Classic justice.
redface.gif

The amp looks MUCH nicer in real life.
smily_headphones1.gif

But to give you an idea:

The Front.
The AA battery is in there for size comparison.

4684frontbatt.jpg

The Back.

4684back.jpg

The Top.
With my MS-1s wrapped around it.

4684top21.jpg

The Bottom.

4684bottom.jpg

The Side.
Taken to give an idea how long it is. Those are AA batteries.

4684side.jpg

It is too early for impression. You all just have to wait.
tongue.gif

Dec 9, 2004 at 4:21 PM Post #2 of 25
Ahhh, like a true audiophile, she makes us wait to hear the impression
icon10.gif
In the meantime Lisa, what opamp is in there?

Dec 9, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Ahhh, like a true audiophile, she makes us wait to hear the impression
icon10.gif
In the meantime Lisa, what opamp is in there?

OPA627s

There are actually two reasons why the impressions have to wait. Firts of all I haven't listened more than a couple of hours yet and to a brand new CD only. And I can't use it with my NAD CDplayer I bought it for until I get the attenuators I ordered. Apparently the NAD output is too loud or I listen to very low volumes but even at a gain of 3.5 the amp is too loud for me. (I had the same with my MINT w/ gain of 6, but even worse of course) So I decided to get attenuators but have to wait til they get here.

Dec 9, 2004 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 25
Man, that amp looks nice. Has the cool geek factor.
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #5 of 25
So. Pretty. I'm considering this amp if the parental units freak out over the cost of the Gilmore Lite. Take your time, but we're all looking forward to your impressions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 6:53 AM Post #7 of 25
Looks like a pretty nice amp you got there Lisa...
smily_headphones1.gif

Is it made to be portable or stationary? It looks small enough to be pretty versatile.

Don't forget to tell us how it sounds!
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by isp
Looks like a pretty nice amp you got there Lisa...
smily_headphones1.gif

Is it made to be portable or stationary? It looks small enough to be pretty versatile.

Don't forget to tell us how it sounds!
wink.gif

It's stationary. I know Norm's offering a batterypack for transportable use (2x9V in a Mint tin) Don't know much about it though. Read that some opamps are more demanding than others but couldn't tell you what that means to be honest.
It will be pretty bulky. The Classic is about the size of my very first walkman (oops shows my age.
redface.gif
I was a very young child at the time.
biggrin.gif
) Add a mint tin and all the cabling and you'll need a big bag. But hey, we're head-fiers. Carying heavy bags is our way of a good work out accompanied with even better tunes.
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 2:32 PM Post #9 of 25
Is there a chance to see inside pictures?
I know the new Classic is designed to allow easier amp rolling compared to the original Classic so that shouldn't be too hard to show what's inside.

I have the original Classic and am actually really satisfied with it and am not planning to change. But who knows? (Sorry about my wallet, I know)

Dec 10, 2004 at 3:53 PM Post #12 of 25
Sorry mister Johnson.
I'm not planning on opening mine up soon. And besides, it took me an awful lot of effort to get the pictures to look that good. And they look bad. You have to admit that. (My webcam actually takes the pictures up side down. No way to solve it either) I don't think me taken webcam shots will be of much help.
Maybe someone else with a good camera. Don't know how Norm would feel about it... I know I'd ask him first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back