New Headroom Desktop Balanced Question
Dec 31, 2008 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SVghost

100+ Head-Fier
I just recieved my new amp today, and got it all setup and plugged in.

I haven't received my balanced cans yet so im testing it with single ended SE530's and DT770pro 80's

Im running Foobar (newest version) with the WASAPI plugin. Listening to lossless FLAC audio.

I know it must be broken in, but is it normal for this amp currently (2hrs of break in so far) to sound about as good, or slightly less sq as my broken-in (1000+hrs) TotalBithead, with the same config?

Also, im slightly newb and having a hard time searching and finding any model specific information on this amp. So if someone could please recommend a good Break in procedure/# of hours to run it till i can start judging it, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Hopefully i have nothing to worry about, and its just being harsh and odd because of lack of runtime, and this amp will wow me for all the $$$ i dropped on it.
L3000.gif

Thanks Everyone!

Jan 14, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 7
I ended up exchanging it for a regular desktop amp. The only reason i went with the balanced was for a pair of DT880's i got on the cheap. well turns out i didnt like em, and am tight on cash, so saving an extra 500 was good.

Im going to sell a few cans, and buy the AH-D5000's then do the Markl mod myself. Schould be da SICKNESS end all be all for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back