New Headphones
May 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Archer 87

New Head-Fier
Hello all. This is my 1st post. I've been reading the forums for a little while and have learned a lot. I recently upgraded my stereo and bought a set of Grado sr 80's. really like them, but am thinking of upgrading. I have been bitten by the gear bug. So I was looking at getting the HiFiman he 300. Decided I would wait and save some more money. Narrowed my choices to the he 400 or Philips x1.    I listen to everything, but love 70's r&b. Would like to see thoughts from you all.                       

May 13, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 3
I like my SR80i too, now, i heard the HE400 at the 2011 Montréal Hi-Fi show, and i remember being very impressed with their sound quality, especially for the asking price, i remember thinking to myself, that they were the best buy among the Hi-FiMan line. I'm sure some HE400 owner will chimie in, but i just tought i'd let you know that my impression of them was a positive one.

May 13, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, appreciate it. I've read and watched reviews on both the he 400 and x1. seems the x1 has a better bass response. I think I might be leaning more towards those. Just really indecisive when dropping that kind of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back