New Headphones?
Apr 29, 2010 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

chaoszepp

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I've been thinking of trying to buy new headphones and I'm unsure of what I want.
My budget is about 100$, maybe 150$
My music ranges from Tool, to biggie, to Led Zeppelin, to The Beatles to Sublime to Nine Inch Nails. ect.
atsmile.gif

I want clear sounding headphones, but also ones that have good isolation
I will be using them for mobile use as well as home use. I'd rather use them for portability though, the reason for the isolation.
My friend recommended me the HD 448 but I was looking at the 515's and maybe the 280's as well.
Any recommendations are welcome as well.

Apr 29, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 22
Are IEMs okay? The Audio Technica M50 is worth looking at.

Apr 29, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 22
Since you mention portability then I would recommend the Yamaha RH-5Ma monitor headphones. They sound better than headphones at twice the price and the bass is much better presented than any headphone I have heard. They are the kind of headphones that sit on the ears rather than completely around them and are not big and bulky like over-the ear headphones. They are comfortable and isolate well when the music is playing while not leaking too much music out into the cruel world.

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #8 of 22
The 50's get a lot of praise around here. Watch out for counterfeit ES7's! If you can stretch to it, try the Sennheiser HD25-1's

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by earerror /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Audio Technicas ES-7 are perfect for using with any mp3 player as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Joboto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Second the ES-7s.

I love my ES-7s!
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #10 of 22
I recently bought a pair of M50s, I am pleased with the sound (they sound bright when listening to bright songs) but they're a little uncomfortable. I've been stretching the headband little by little and it's getting a tad more comfortable. However, the headband doesn't have enough padding for my liking. But it's definitely comfortable enough for an hour. I listened to them all day yesterday and had quite the headache. I think they might leak a little bit, but I can't confirm this unless putting them on my chest counts. As I'm writing this, the top of my head definitely hurts a little bit from the headband. Hopefully that will go away too as they get stretched out more.

May 1, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #13 of 22
Second the M50- they are hard to find under $100 shipped.

May 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Second the M50- they are hard to find under $100 shipped.

Nah. Ebay $90 shipped.
BrianF

May 1, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssavage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah. Ebay $90 shipped.
BrianF

actually offer him $87. that is his lowest. I tried $86 first and got rejected.

$87 is his lowest hahah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back