New Headphones
Jul 26, 2008 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

No Smoking

Head-Fier
Hi

Can someone please recommend me a good pair of headphones that would go with the Zero Amp. I am planning to use my computer optical out and connecting that to the zero amp, the headphones I have had in mind but aren't confined to are the
-Demon AH-D2000
-Audio Technica Ath-ad900
-Sennheiser HD600
-AKG K701
-Beyerdynamic DT880

Music tastes are varied so I would like a good 'all round' headphone if that's possible. I'm not a bass head but rather prefer clean and well defined bass, comfort is also a propriety. I know that they're all very different headphones in terms of sound and price but I just wanted peoples opinions on these headphones.

Also does anyone know if the motherboard Gigabyte P35C-DS3R with the ALC889A Audio controller output a clean and unaltered signal though the optical out so I can let the zero do the DAC conversion.

Thanks

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 4
See sig
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 4
look in his SIGnature...i'd watch out with a digital out from your computer mb...the coax outs on those things are inherently dirty...try getting an internal emu 0404 or a usb or firewire unit outside of the computer case ...as for the cans, some of the ones you have listed are low ohm versions (ie, 32 ohm akg-701) and thats gonna need a good amp to drive them...as for my preference, i like the sen 595 & 600's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back