New Headphones under a 100GBP
Apr 28, 2009 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sebhuber

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone!
i am new here and have read a lot of threads the past few days and i never found what i was quite looking for...

I am looking for some new headphones preferably superaura that are less than 100 pounds and play the music as realistic and detailed as possible, because i listen to a lot of rock, but rap hip hop and some pop.

I currently own the bose oe and sony nc40, but are not satisfied with either..

btw does anyone have any opinions about the hd238???

THanks!

Apr 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 10
I got the HD238's and they're o.k. Very crisp clean sound, but they don't handle any amount of bass, and the build quality isn't what it should be for a pair of headphones at the price.

My Chices, C-jays, Ultrasone HFI-15g. Neither of them are as crisp in then highs, but the c-jays are far richer and warmer, and the build quality is far, far better than the hd238's.

The ultrasone's are no everyones cup of tea, but I deem them the most comfortable headphones i have in my 70+ collection! The sound is more grounded than the Senn's. Makes the Senn's sound a bit bright ans artificial.

there is the akg k450 headphones, but the impression i get is that they're not up to much! Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: AKG K450 Headphones Navy

detailed sound, the Sennheiser's will do it, but you'll be missing out on decent lows!

Apr 29, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 10
The bass is far from overwhelming. when you give it even a modest amunt of bass, you'll hear the diaphragms cracking. basically, the HD238's can't handle a half decent amount of volume or bass.

I wouldn't select these for beat driven music... dance rap.

here's what i made of them. i'll have to write a review especially for head-fi soon!

http://fakeheadphones.com/sennheiser-hd238

May 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebhuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone!
i am new here and have read a lot of threads the past few days and i never found what i was quite looking for...

I am looking for some new headphones preferably superaura that are less than 100 pounds and play the music as realistic and detailed as possible, because i listen to a lot of rock, but rap hip hop and some pop.

I currently own the bose oe and sony nc40, but are not satisfied with either..

btw does anyone have any opinions about the hd238???

THanks!

There are coming new fullsize headphones from SHURE...
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/lea...61/index2.html

May 13, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #9 of 10
sebhuber-
More description please!
icon10.gif

May 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #10 of 10
ok, I will use the same phrase as many others have done before me. "in your face" sound-> very forward. Very strong bass, punchy and it does cope with highs very well. The mids are not recessed, exactly right in my opinion. I think that these headphones are very natural sounding and they keep getting better as I am progressing with my burn in time. One thing I have to criticise is the extremely loud volume. 126 decibels which is insane and will damage your hearing, so I have to be careful not to accidentally turn up the volume on my touch.

I hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back