New Headphones recommandations!
Oct 24, 2014 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kiranulea

New Head-Fier
Hello folks, I have made the decision to buy new headphones and I've chosen SteelSeries Siberia V2 White/Black doesn't matter. Now I have yet to decide what to buy, the ones with 3.5mm jack or the ones with USB, I don't know anything about my sound card, but maybe you can help me find out if it is better for their quality to go with my sound card or to go with the USB ones. I want to use them for gaming and as well listening to music, but mainly playing League of Legends, Counter Strike rarely and listening to music.
P.S: If you have any other better options in mind, like other headsets that are the same price as these ones or lower please tell me and maybe I will change my deicison, because I am not experienced in headphones.
I am looking forward to receiving a prompt reply from you, if you are willing to help me of course. Please excuse me if I made any grammar mistakes, english is not my native language.

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 6
Well, a USB headphone uses it's own sound processor, while a 3.5mm jack will use your sound card. You're going to have to find out what you have to make a good decision, buddy. However, it is likely that your sound card will be better than whatever tech the USB headphones are packing.

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #3 of 6
When I went in my Device Manager at Sound, video and game controllers it showed NVIDIA High Definition Audio 5 times and NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device(Wave Exstensible) (WDM) 1 time, what does this mean? Do I have an audio card? 

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 6
Every computer has some sort of sound card. Yours is most likely an onboard sound card, which comes with your motherboard. If your computer was assembled in the last couple of years, it's likely that it'll fare better than whatever a USB headphone is running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back