New Headphones for Computer/TV use.
Aug 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Nevakonaza

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Looking to get some decent on ear headphones for around £100

I mainly use the headphones for Listening to music on the PC and playing games,The PC has the following audio setup.

Xonar D1 Sound Card - Little Dot 1+ Headphone Amp with (Mullard EF95 Tubes)

Im not sure what would be the best in terms of specs that would go well with my Amp above,Such as Frequency responce ,Impedence,sensitivity etc all confuse me...or shouldnt i be worrying about that with this budget?

Appreciate the help.

Aug 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:
Looking to get some decent on ear headphones for around £100
I mainly use the headphones for Listening to music on the PC and playing games,The PC has the following audio setup.
Xonar D1 Sound Card - Little Dot 1+ Headphone Amp with (Mullard EF95 Tubes)
I'm not sure what would be the best in terms of specs that would go well with my Amp above,Such as Frequency responce,
 impedance, sensitivity etc all confuse me...or shouldn't I be worrying about that with this budget?

Open or closed headphones?

Aug 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 11
What kind do music do you listen to and what sound signature do you prefer (bassy, neutral, warm)?

Aug 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
Closed would be ideal as i often listen to music late at night too. :wink:

Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) offer good sound for a low price.

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
What kind do music do you listen to and what sound signature do you prefer (bassy, neutral, warm)?

Bassy :D

Quote:
Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) offer good sound for a low price.

They look awesome,lots of padding..i couldnt find the Takstars for sale in the UK but i managed to hunt down the geminis and they only had one in stock at £147+

Noticed some others too,What about..

Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO (£129)

AKG K550 (£133)

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro (£149)

I can stretch to £150,id rather pay the extra for ones that not only have good sound,but really good build quality and comfort.

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
I see they do 80HM & 250HM versions of these,Will my Amp have enough power to drive the 250HM version?

I don't know to be honest. 

I have only heard the 80ohm version but people say the 250ohm has less bass and more mids, it all comes down to preference in the end.

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
If you don't mind Beats by dre headphones , I suggest you buy Beats by dre Tour, It's cool and good sond quality. Now it's only $97.

Quote:
I would go with the sony's. They always have the best quality and they are very reliable. I would also look at bose.
smily_headphones1.gif

Obvious trolls are obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back