New headphones for a friend 250$
Mar 19, 2017 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

matan124

New Head-Fier
Hey, my friend is looking for new headphones.

His budget is around 250$ and he is going to use them mostly at home or in his office.
He is not limited to closed back headphones.
He also doesn't have an amp/dac so it needs to be with in the range of 250$ for both.
He mostly listen to rock, pop and instrumental music.

I suggested the vmoda 100m but he would like to hear more opinions and he is also considering the akg k7xx

Thanks alot

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 2
Well how about the Schiit Fulla II or the Audioquest Dragonfly Black? That leaves $150 for the headphones, and there are choices galore. My headphone knowledge is limited in this regard cause I am in a location where I dont get to listen to much, but popular options seem to be the new fostex RP3 series, the T40 and T50, AudioTechnica has the M40x and the M50x, and you might get the Senn HD598 for that price as it seems a new model is out to replace them. You also have the stated Massdrop K7XX. Options abound.

If he is in a situation where he can listen, then that is the best advice I can give. Hearing is personal, and he might prefer a certain sound over another. What you can do is to see if there might be a local meet near you soon, and then go and listen and let your friend determine his preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back