New Headphones Coming!
Apr 10, 2005 at 8:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Mith

100+ Head-Fier
I am currently in a trade that consists of my DT770s for some AKG K271S and I just ordered some Koss KSC75 for portable use. I hear that the K271S is bass lean. I am not much of a bass head so no worries. How are the KSC75s? I read through the posts on here but would like to hear a few more impressions. Well, thanks much.

Apr 10, 2005 at 8:17 AM Post #2 of 11
The 75s are pretty good (if not, cant' be beat for it's price) for their price. Just search.
(They look like crap compared to the 35s though...)

Just curious though... DT770 then KSC75. you sure that you're no basshead?

Apr 10, 2005 at 8:27 AM Post #3 of 11
I had the DT770s for 3 weeks. Thought I would get used to them after a while but the only thing I could *stand* to listen them with was FPS gaming. The KSC75s are for portable use. I can't very well wear full-sized headphones and ride my bicycle at the same time. What I'm planning on doing is getting a 75 ohm adapter and then getting a nice little MINT so the bass on the 75s should go down.

Apr 10, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 11
Never tried the DT770's myself, but I'm quite happy with the K271 Studio.

Apr 10, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mith
I am currently in a trade that consists of my DT770s for some AKG K271S and I just ordered some Koss KSC75 for portable use. I hear that the K271S is bass lean. I am not much of a bass head so no worries. How are the KSC75s? I read through the posts on here but would like to hear a few more impressions. Well, thanks much.

I love my K271S. They definitely are not bass heavy, but I find the bass to be tight and well defined. You won't feel it in your bones, but it's there.

Apr 10, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #6 of 11
What?. Trading DT770 for AKG's. Not in this freaking world. No headphones in this earth sound like the DT770. I wouldn’t do it for any Koss or AKG's together. Well, live and let die….
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 10, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #7 of 11
The KSC75 are great. I put them in the same sonic range as the HD497. They're a bit warmer and less detailed and have a suprising amount of bass impact. Amazing for their price.

Apr 12, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO
What?. Trading DT770 for AKG's. Not in this freaking world. No headphones in this earth sound like the DT770. I wouldn’t do it for any Koss or AKG's together. Well, live and let die….
very_evil_smiley.gif

That's maybe right, I adore my 770s as well. I'm an avowing basshead
basshead.gif
and thus prefer that special warm Beyer sound.

But I quite understand that many others may feel discomfort about these, because the nonnatural "permanent loudness" sound of these cans does really neither suit to everybody's taste nor to every music style. In addition, the 770s are heavy as hell and seem to require a "beefy" amp - not that much in respect of sound quality, but in respect of achievable volume.

Apr 12, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #9 of 11
The DT770 is a love-hate thing. I happen to love them and their bass slam. I like the mid projection too. Its like sitting in an isolation booth with Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy. Hard core Drummers cans IMHO.

IMHO the KSC75 is pretty bass heavy too. IMHO about 80% of the DT770. Adding an amp increases bass clarity and slam just a little. Adding an impedence adapter takes that wonderful bass slam and lowers it down into sub-bass realm. Neat thing about the KSC is you can taylor the bass impact by adjusting the fit. I have mine pretty tight.

Are yo usure youre not a basshead... seems like at least some part of you really is.
icon10.gif

Apr 12, 2005 at 5:43 PM Post #10 of 11
Yeah, its kind of funny but the DT770 and the K271S are the two headphones that are either loved or hated on head-fi. It would be quite a change going from the DT770 to the K271S as one is known for being bass heavy and the other is known for being light in the bass.

Apr 12, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #11 of 11
Heh. I have both the DT770 and the K271S. The AKG's are for music and the BD's are for gaming (FPS's mostly). It's just a matter of the right tool for the right job
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back