New Headphones - Bass Heavy - under £100
Jan 29, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #16 of 28
So now my new list would look more like this....

1. Sennheiser cx 870
2. sennheiser cx880
3. sennheiser cx400ii
4. HiFi Man Re-Zero
5. Audio Technica ath-anc23
6. Audio Technica ath-cks55
7. Ultimate ears tf10
8. Monster Cable Lil' Jamz Multilingual
9. AKQ Q350

Any info on these...bad build quality etc..
If there is any experience of any of these earphones, good or bad, let me know as I would like them to last as long as my old sennheisers.

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #19 of 28
Really looking like heading for the UE TripleFi 10.....but they are quite expensive...is there any alternatives....that are cheaper.
Do they still make the SuperFi 5 and simlar anymore????

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #20 of 28

Quote:
Ultimate Ears TF10 on amazon.co.uk for 109 pounds. But I'm afraid they may be a little bit too big for you, depends on your ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
He asked for Bass heavy.

Quote:
Yes, and TF10 are quite bass heavy, you don't need to correct me.

Quote:
Correct you? Its a different of opinion, thats what forums are for. I still dont consider them bass heavy.

Quote:
LOL, someone must be some kind of super-duper-ultra-mega-bass-head to think the TF10s aren't bass heavy
tongue.gif
  Maybe he got a bad fit...  IDK.

Sorry about the amount of quotes. You three seem to have had some experience with the tf10's. How about the superFi 5's though??? £60 on amazon. Are they anygood compared to the tf10's???

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #21 of 28

Quote:

Sorry about the amount of quotes. You three seem to have had some experience with the tf10's. How about the superFi 5's though??? £60 on amazon. Are they anygood compared to the tf10's???

I have used in this order. Skullcandy Inkd, Image S4's, Shure SE215's and the TF10's. In order of worst to best, this is where they rank also. I doubt the super's will hang with the TF10, but this is a pure guess since I have never used them.

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #22 of 28

Quote:

Same suggestion.
They only cost £85 in the UK (cheaper than in other countries).

They have more than enough bass (but not too much, they're not for bassheads) with a nice punch, and I honestly think they're better for the price than any most IEMs listed above, including TF10s (that I owned previously and didn't like because of the messy mids and so-so instrument separation).

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #23 of 28

Quote:

Same suggestion.
They only cost £85 in the UK (cheaper than in other countries).

They have more than enough bass (but not too much, they're not for bassheads) with a nice punch, and I honestly think they're better for the price than any most IEMs listed above, including TF10s (that I owned previously and didn't like because of the messy mids and so-so instrument separation).

+1

They will cost you £79.95 delivered in the UK  unless we have driven them up. Checkout thread.

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #24 of 28
I personally upgraded from the cx300-II to the tf10's and am extremely happy with them. You don't just get a bass overload, you get quality punchy bass with the tf10 s. anyway if you order from amazon in the uk u have the protection of the 30 day return policy, so you can always return them if they don't meet your expectations. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #25 of 28

Quote:
I personally upgraded from the cx300-II to the tf10's and am extremely happy with them. You don't just get a bass overload, you get quality punchy bass with the tf10 s. anyway if you order from amazon in the uk u have the protection of the 30 day return policy, so you can always return them if they don't meet your expectations. 

But are they worth the £105
Sennheisers are £30
Should I upgrade??

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #28 of 28
How about an Futuresonics Atrio MG5? :) Basshead-satisfying for sure, good isolation, comfort, and it doesn't make you look like a Frankenstein. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back