New Headphones advice
Sep 2, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #16 of 24
I second the Meze 99 suggestion, at least if closed backs are preferred. If open or semi-open are acceptable, then I would suggest a look at HifiMan 4xx (or 400 series) and the Dekoni Blue's (Fostex T50's with better pads) both are great sounding headphones, the latter being darker sounding.

The problem with open is the leak sound when I use it in the office. I don't want to disturb the others with the sound of my music. xD

Sep 2, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #17 of 24
The problem with open is the leak sound when I use it in the office. I don't want to disturb the others with the sound of my music. xD

Yeah, that's why i thought best to put one of each there. I agree with the Meze 99 Classics (heard these) and One More Triple Over Ears (own these) as great closed headphones in this price range.

Sep 2, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #18 of 24
I suggest the nura phones, https://www.nuraphone.com/products/nuraphone .

I also have heard the meze classic 99 and the one more triple over ears and the nura blows them out of the water regarding the bass quantity as well as having a great sound quality.

I recommend you get a subscription to test the head phones out to see if you like them, also you will need a smartphone for them.

They can be uncomfortable unless you have them on properly.

Absolutely no problem with sound leakage with the nura phones as well as blocking outside sound with them on.

Dan.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #19 of 24
I suggest the nura phones, https://www.nuraphone.com/products/nuraphone .

I also have heard the meze classic 99 and the one more triple over ears and the nura blows them out of the water regarding the bass quantity as well as having a great sound quality.

I recommend you get a subscription to test the head phones out to see if you like them, also you will need a smartphone for them.

They can be uncomfortable unless you have them on properly.

Absolutely no problem with sound leakage with the nura phones as well as blocking outside sound with them on.

Dan.

I believe it can be very good but 400€ is way more than I want to expend.

Sep 2, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #20 of 24
Grab the 99 Noir from Massdrop. It comes with an alternate set of pads, and I would suggest using them. The Audio Technica Ath-Msr7b is another great option. Check out the dedicated thread in this same sub section. These are easily my 2 favorite cans at 250 dollars or less.

Sep 2, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #21 of 24
The Msr7b offers a lot of detail and stage for the coin. More so than the 99s, but the 99s are no slouch. If these are the two things you're really after, I'd definitely investigate the Msr7b.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back