New headphones 500$ budget help
Jul 15, 2016 at 7:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sheller

New Head-Fier
Hey all,
I would like to have some help regarding getting a new set of headphones, my last set is Sennheiser's Momentum (the old generation), and my MP is Cowon Plenue.
I listen a lot to alternative music, hip hop, metal,some folk and singer/songwriters. Preferred on ear or over ear. I'd really appreciate if you guys can help me out - I don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance :)

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #2 of 5
Lot's of great headphones in that price range. If you feel like checking out in-ears, shoot me a PM. 
smile.gif

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 5
Do you want a change from the Momentum in terms of the sound - more treble, or more midrange for example? Also do you want a portable pair, or something for staying at home?

Jul 15, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the response and the forwarding questions. I kind of like the sound of the momentum's, tho I could go a bit into stronger midranges. Portables are preferred :)

Jul 15, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #5 of 5
OK - KEF M500 (one of my colleagues here has these, and wears them on the way in to work). Really nice sound, not sibilant, great midrange -

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/kef-m500-closed-back-headphones-with-detachable-cable-and-apple-controls-mic-classic-silver.html

There's also the M400 which is cheaper but the extra money is worth it for the M500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back