New Headphones: <$150; Closed, circumaural (public transport); mostly hardstyle, dubstep, trance, etc.
Nov 28, 2013 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

wh1spr

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for some new headphones to replace my Sennheiser HD215's, which I've had for roughly 5 years. They still work fairly well, but have noticed they don't seem to isolate as well as they used to. The new set will be used primarily on the train to and from work (~1 hour each way), so I'm after good isolation and comfort, for under $150.

I've had a look through the Headphone Buying Guide and the Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range pages, and was considering the following:

- Audio Technica M50
- Ultrasone HFI-580
- AKG K271 MKII

The M50's are front-running at the moment, I think, though some of the reviews I've read say they can cause headaches after 'extended use' - anyone know what that would translate to in hours?

Are there any others I should be considering? I still need to go test these out in person (this weekend), but thought it might be best to get a few to check out at once.

I doubt I will be getting any accessories to go with them, and will mostly be listening to music from a phone / mp3 device, and tv / movies from a tablet.

Let me know if I've missed anything you need to know - I've tried covering everything I can think!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back