New headphones, 130€, ath-M50's bad?
Sep 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Bakgrund

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am looking to buy a new pair of headphones, i have around 130€ or 1300SEK to spend,  i have looked into getting a pair of Ath-m50's that a lot of people have raved about, but then i saw they made a redesign which is worse than the older one (http://www.head-fi.org/t/591059/a-concise-view-of-why-the-ath-m50-is-no-longer-king) i got confused. What should i get? There's so much to choose from and yeah it's just a mess. I listen to almost all types of music.

Thanks.

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 9
No, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #5 of 9
M50 are not a bad headphone by any means, in fact they are very good. But they are no longer the value king they once were because the price was increased, and competition in the price range has caught up in sound quality. If you can find a pair for a good price, by all means get them. But 130€ is a too much IMO.

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #6 of 9
  M50 are not a bad headphone by any means, in fact they are very good. But they are no longer the value king they once were because the price was increased, and competition in the price range has caught up in sound quality. If you can find a pair for a good price, by all means get them. But 130€ is a too much IMO.

They go for sale at 99€ or around 990 SEK sometimes, is that a good price to get them? I really like them, but ofc  i want great value too.

Sep 22, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #9 of 9
I have the M50s and they're a great pair of headphones,if you get them i don't think you'll be disappointed... Though i haven't heard a lot of headphones in this price range,i think for ~$150 there won't be a lot of cans that sound better than these...

About the Custom One Pro,i haven't heard it yet,but a lot of people say they sound muddy. Of course,that's just their opinion.

You should try to use them before buying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back