New headphone suggestions?
May 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Cory722

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, relatively new here.

I'm sure you get this question far too often, but I am looking for some advice on getting a new pair of cans. I am a major basshead, I listen to dubstep, house, and other electronic music. I listen to various forms of rock and other genres of music, but not as much. I currently have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's, the 250ohm version. I have them paired with the Fiio E9+E7 am right now. So that being said, are there any cans out there with more hard hitting, super low bass similar to the Beyer's, if not stronger? I am mainly looking because the cord on my Beyer's is starting to pull out, and I do plan on calling support to get it fixed, but I need a new pair to tide me over, as the average warranty claim takes more than 2 weeks for you to receive a new pair or get yours fixed. So any suggestions would be great, thanks!

May 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 4
The JVC XX series headphones are pretty good sounding (deep punchy bass, clear mids, highs) and they are much cheaper, Ultrasone HFi550( highly recommended), Sony V55, V-Moda M80, Klipsch Image ONE are also great buy.

May 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks! Out of all of those, which would you rank the best? I know that is a hard question, seeing as I have heard multiple cans, and I can't choose a favorite, but I am looking simply for bass. These are meant to be fun cans, my Beyers will stay my mains, especially when I'm recording.

May 27, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #4 of 4
Another quick question, I noticed you mentioned the HFi 550's but I have heard the HFi 580's being highly recommended as well. Do you or anyone else know which has more bass? I am leaning towards getting one of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back