New headphone ideas!!? $400.00 Budget!
Nov 6, 2011 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

delladood

100+ Head-Fier
So I currently have Sennheiser ie8's and I got bored with their sound and I have just listed them on eBay.   I'm now looking for a new pair of in ear only headphones! I have a 400.00 budget and would love some suggestions! I'm looking at the westone 3 and westone 4 right now! I need other ideas tho! Thanks guys!

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 6
The Sony EX1000, PFE232, W4R, RE272 are highely detailed and fun to listen.

Nov 6, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #4 of 6
hello delladood,

Considering your first high-end iem was the ie8, a move into the balanced armature realm would not disappoint. Instead of armatures like the tf10 or westone 3, where many have described them with a V-shaped sound signature -including myself- [often emphasizing the high and low end of the spectrum with an expansive soundstage (ie8) ] I would try to explore the more mid/vocal centered sm3s, neutral um3x, or the detail-oriented dba-02s.

Nov 7, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #5 of 6
At a $400 budget, you have nearly every universal at your disposal. You say you became bored of the IE8's sound. What about them bored you, and what type of sound signature are you NOW after my friend?

Nov 7, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
At a $400 budget, you have nearly every universal at your disposal. You say you became bored of the IE8's sound. What about them bored you, and what type of sound signature are you NOW after my friend?

Indeed. Additionally, with such a hefty budget, you should think about upgrading your source first instead of spending such a large amount on earphones purely. Otherwise, you might regret selling off an earphone that might have not been at it's potential in synergy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back