New HE-400i Cable Replacement
Sep 7, 2018 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

peenemunde

New Head-Fier
I just bought a pair of Hifiman HE-400i and immediately purchased a longer cable. Since I usually sit farther from my computer than not, I figured it only necessary to have a cable of good length. Well... I'm sure you're aware of how this went down already.. I got a $20 NeoMusicia Cable from Amazon NOT aware that the newer models use 3.5mm inputs on the cans instead of the older variant that used a standard 2.5mm jack... Just put in a return request and cannot seem to find a cable that will suffice. Anyone have recommendations for a decent quality cable that isn't $200 shipped from Europe?

Sep 13, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 6
I did my best, spent a good couple hours pumping around the sites I follow. All the discussions of any relevance are for the original HE-400i cans that used (3.5mm to two 2.5mm)

My cans are the updated version, which now uses (3.5mm to two 3.5mm)

Sep 13, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #5 of 6
I did not know they switched the jacks on new 400i’s . You might look at a cable for the Meze 99 Classics as they use dual 3.5 inputs and don’t quote me on this I think Focal Elear does too. You could also just get a extension cable with a female 3.5 and male 3.5.

Sep 14, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #6 of 6
I did not know they switched the jacks on new 400i’s . You might look at a cable for the Meze 99 Classics as they use dual 3.5 inputs and don’t quote me on this I think Focal Elear does too. You could also just get a extension cable with a female 3.5 and male 3.5.
This is what I was looking for, thank you :) I'll look into those a bit

Thought about using a simple extension for now, which still might happen. But the 90 degree angle on the OE cable bothers me.. Don't ask why but it does lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back