New guy
Feb 11, 2015 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

RestlessIP

New Head-Fier
Heya everyone!

I'm a new member here (I've had my account for a while but didn't have time unfortunately), I live in The Netherlands and I'm 21 years old.
I'm in the market for a nice pair of headphones for my iPod Classic and to watch movies at night :).

I've upgraded my stereo system with a nice pair of Tannoy 609's and a NAD 356BEE with DAC for my Mac Mini. All that I'm missing is some head-fi. I currently use the Marshal Minor, but I'd rather use a head phone..

Cheers!

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #3 of 29
About 225 USD, and I listen to all music but mostly a little bass heavy, so dubstep, chillstep etc. And I will be using it with my iPod, also outside so a closed one has my preference.

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #7 of 29
I've read about the M50 but I have a pretty big head, I have no idea if I want an over or on ear. I tried the Kef M500 and it was really nice! I also tried the Bose QC25 which was comfortable to.

How about the Mikros 90 by ML?

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #9 of 29
For longer listening sessions its more comfortable with over ear, as for the big head this shouldn't be a issue they are pretty big and they can be used with your phone and other mobile devices plus they've got a lighter shorter cable which is detachable for better portability

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #13 of 29
Yes 770s over M50X's, but it's a different sound signature. I recommend the DT 770s because they just have a higher resolution sound overall.
Also I can't say anything about clamping because it's different for everybody, but I didnt have any problems and I haven't heard any major complaints.

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #15 of 29
I'd describe it as robust. Its designed as a workhorse more than a fashion item. The plastic used is solid and the bits that connect the cups to the band are metal. I think it says a lot that a lot of the UK Radio 1 you tube videos show them in use at their live lounge sessions. All parts on the phone are replaceable too.

It's comfy on my average sized head, thanks to good pads with velour covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back