New guy says hi!!
Jun 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SoThisIsSound

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, 

Been lurking for a little while now, having sought advice on my first audiophile purchases and found Head-Fi. Thanks to all in advance for the great posts I already read, and the others to come. Big thanks also to magiccabbage, Head-Fi'er who got me into this brave new world. I am fairly new to all this but hope I can contribute in the years to come!

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 5
I suppose I should mention what I am currently listening to music with, seeing as I can't update my profile ha...I have Phonak Audeo 122 IEMs, and recently lost Shure SRH-440s, which I am now going to replace with - I think - the Beyerdynamic DT990 (250 or 600ohms, undecided). In addition to this, I have the Fiio E6 and E17, and Microlabs Solo 6c active speakers. 

So definitely a noob but glad to be here!

Jun 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 5
Haha first 3 posts in my intro thread are by me, cheers for the welcome haha  :p 

I have a question but not sure should it go in the trade forum, but I'm just wondering does anyone know a source to get PFE silicon tips? The Audeoworld site only delivers to US and as I'm in Ireland it's a problem!  I really am kinda desperate now as i'm down to comply tips and I've never liked them and they won't last!

Thanks in advance!

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #4 of 5
You haven't gotten replies because you haven't given us any information. It's like walking into a JC Penney and saying "I need clothes, tell me what clothes I should buy".

Typically we like to see some of the following info in order to help you out:
1. Budget
2. Open/closed preference ==> is portability a requirement?
3. What kind of music you listen to
4. The format of your music (128 kbps/FLAC) and source (iTunes, Foobar, etc.)

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #5 of 5
Sorry wires seem to have crossed!  I'm not actually seeking any current advice. I have done in the past and found it here, and decided to register and post in the hello forum :)  My only question currently is if anyone knows a EU source for PFE silicon tips. Hope that clears that up, just sayin Hi for now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back