New Guy, looking for budget IEMs
May 4, 2016 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

RadRacer

New Head-Fier
I've been lurking here for about a month now, and am loving the forum. I've made sure to put a lock on my wallet before I signed up!

I recently purchased a set of Monoprice 9927's and love the way they sound. But, they're not exactly the most comfortable IEM. The medium size tip fits me pretty well, but the driver is, well, HUGE and uncomfortable. I'm wearing these while at work, so for 4-5hrs straight. I work in a small room with a bunch of temperature chambers, so it gets pretty noisy at times; isolation is pretty big factor, but at the same time, I need to know when someone is needing my attention and has questions. I listen mostly to country and rock, but dabble in a little bit of everything when I feel like it. I'm looking for something in the <$30 range. They will be un-amped, playing from a LG G5. Streaming through Google Play, so nowhere near the highest-quality audio you can get. I just want something more comfortable than the Monoprice IEMs I have now, that sound just as good (maybe even better?). So, what does everyone suggest? I've been looking at Piston 3's, Brainwavz Beta and Delta, MEE M6P, etc. Since it's going into a phone, a working mic and button would be a plus, but definitely not needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back