New guy, just saying hi (pics too)
Dec 21, 2008 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

ka24altima

Head-Fier
Howdy everyone, I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided to register and post some pics. I picked up a pair of SR225s and built a CMOY which I put inside an old distortion pedal I had from my guitar playing days. Besides headphones I'm also big into 12V audio as well. I've done a few IASCA and MECA SQ competitions with my car and brought home 3 trophies. The Grado's were an excellent way to get my SQ fix since I'm at school (Penn State) and my car is at home. Anyway, here's some pics.

P1020138.jpg

P1020140.jpg

P1020141.jpg

P1020142.jpg

The last picture is the CD player I've been using. That thing blows the iPod and Macbook out of the water. I can't stand using my Macbook, it's so freaking noisy! But a USB DAC is out of the question for a while, they're too expensive. This stupid weather we've been getting in the East has kept me from going to the local indoor farmer's market to see if they have a 1001 PS1. Plus I want to get some cheap CD's.

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #4 of 25
Were those the original knobs in the pedal?
The fact they are recessed is intriguing because people usually adjust the knobs with feet while playing (as I'm sure you know) so it's very interesting.

On the other hand, welcome, and props on the original case idea

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by sugrhigh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were those the original knobs in the pedal?
The fact they are recessed is intriguing because people usually adjust the knobs with feet while playing (as I'm sure you know) so it's very interesting.

On the other hand, welcome, and props on the original case idea

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!

Those are the original knobs, however they aren't functional. I would have liked to use the original volume pot, but it's only one channel. So I gutted it and glued the knobs back on just for looks.

Dec 21, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #10 of 25
Thanks everyone. I'm jamming out right now trying to ease my pain after the pitiful performance by the Steelers today.

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #12 of 25
Ah welcome, and duly, we're sorry about your wallet
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #15 of 25
I like the setup. At first when I saw the label "Distortion" I thought it was a joke about the volume dial just adding distortion to the output
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back