New Grado Sr225's!
Apr 13, 2007 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

jowille

Head-Fier
I've been reading the forum for a while and was ready to step up to a nice set of headphones. After reading a lot here, I won a set of SR60's from ebay. A couple of days later, I found a set of SR225's for a great price, so.....

The gear bug has bit already.....
smily_headphones1.gif

The SR225's arrived by fedex a little while ago! They sound amazing! Thanks for all the info here on the forum....

I guess I'll pass the SR60's off to my son, when they arrive!
basshead.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 22
Congratulations! We're sorry about your wallet and welcome to the forums!

I hope to see an impressions thread from ya' pretty soon!

Apr 13, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jowille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been reading the forum for a while and was ready to step up to a nice set of headphones. After reading a lot here, I won a set of SR60's from ebay. A couple of days later, I found a set of SR225's for a great price, so.....

The gear bug has bit already.....
smily_headphones1.gif

The SR225's arrived by fedex a little while ago! They sound amazing! Thanks for all the info here on the forum....

I guess I'll pass the SR60's off to my son, when they arrive!
basshead.gif

my favorite phone (not counting the more expensive grados)

hope you get as much enjoyment with them as I do!

Apr 14, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #6 of 22
Congrats!

I'm new to Grado too. I've had my 325i for a few weeks...listening to them now with my new amp. They're quite different to my Senns & beyers but me like.

Apr 14, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #7 of 22
I'm getting a cheap cmoy amp to start out with.... I've already spent a lot, I'm suprised that my wife hasn't taken my credit card away yet.... I'll try that and then keep reading the forum on a better portable amp!

I am really enjoying the new sr225's! The sound is somewhat thin with the bowls, the bass is clear, but not booming. I reveresed the bowles and the base stands out much better. I have already ordered a set of flats from ttvj! I've read about the c-pads but the price killed me! They are almost as much as I paid for the headphones!!!!!

I am suprised I am not deaf by now!!!! I've been listening to these babies for most of the day!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #9 of 22
Congrats on a dynamite headphone! The SR225s were my introduction to the Grado sound and I immediately fell in love. I remember queuing up a ton of SRV and just being floored.

Enjoy! And I promise not to tell you how much better the RS-1s are. Whoop! Did I just say that?!
evil_smiley.gif

Seriously - just rock on! Welcome to the craziness!

Apr 14, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jowille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am really enjoying the new sr225's! The sound is somewhat thin with the bowls, the bass is clear, but not booming. I reveresed the bowles and the base stands out much better.

Reversed bowls are the best for me as well. It adds just enough extra umph to the music. I heard flats destroy the 225's sound, so you will need to give you thoughts once you get them.

Apr 14, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genocide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you would never go wrong with 225, i own it and been liking it since day 1
biggrin.gif

me too likey
cool.gif
cool.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #13 of 22
Congrats! Pretty solid choice given the feedback around these parts :wink:.

Personally I have yet to meet a Grado (Joe or John) that I didn't like. In fact, I'm such a fan that I just repurchased the iGrados for working out at the gym. I sold the first pair I had due to a cable problem caused by one of our kit-tays.

Anyway, my number one current Grado is the recently refurbed HP-2. However, I have an RS-2 on the way to me now. FYI, I owned the RS-1 and RS-2 concurrently and ended up selling the RS-1 first (not that it means anything). BUT, I did re-purchase the RS-2s.

For now the only other Grado I would probably consider buying again would be the HF-1 which happens to be the only headphone I regret selling.

EDIT: Oh yeah and the GS-1k which I am determined to own again. Don't listen to me I sound like a fanboy...I swear I'm not...OR am I?

Apr 14, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #14 of 22
I'm a big Grado fan, I started out with SR-80's and had them for about two years, and but a month ago I upgraded to the 225's and a cmoy amp... what a booming jump, I was EXTREMELY impressed and I plan to get the RS-1's someday.... but being only 18 and working but a limited hours a week, I fear that it is but a pipe dream for me...
frown.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPatcH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I plan to get the RS-1's someday.... but being only 18 and working but a limited hours a week, I fear that it is but a pipe dream for me...
frown.gif

My wife and I both work 40 hours and the RS-1 is a pipe dream me as well, so don't feel bad. $700 for headphones is a lot of money no matter how much you make.
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back