New Grado RA-1!
Apr 28, 2007 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jowille

Head-Fier
Ok, it new to me! I think I got a good deal on a used one. $100 on ebay. I've read a lot about the RA-1 here on the forum, some love 'em and some hate 'em. Simple design, but it blows my cmoy away! It sounds fantastic with my SR225's!

Of course it's not very portable.... unless you put it in a case and carry it... but I have a Go-Vibe 6 enroute!

Damn, I've spent some $$$ since finding head-fi!!!!!
basshead.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 11
Excellent to find the amp that is made to synergize with Grados & 225s for $100 and it has a wood case to boot
wink.gif

Happy for you!!!

Apr 28, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you are done with it, I get first dibs on buying it from you for what you paid for it, +5$.

Man, you beat me to it. So, I guess I have second dibs!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jowille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, it new to me! I think I got a good deal on a used one. $100 on ebay. I've read a lot about the RA-1 here on the forum, some love 'em and some hate 'em. Simple design, but it blows my cmoy away! It sounds fantastic with my SR225's!

Of course it's not very portable.... unless you put it in a case and carry it... but I have a Go-Vibe 6 enroute!

Damn, I've spent some $$$ since finding head-fi!!!!!
basshead.gif

That is a sweet deal. Nice find

Apr 28, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #8 of 11
glad you enjoy it. can't think of another <$400 amp that competes with it for grados, let alone <$100. now all you need is a headroom microdac and you can leave this place and never return!
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #9 of 11
Just be very careful that you know excatly what you're getting before you commit to purchasing. I've seen many, many copy cat RA-1's sold on E-Bay for 70 dollars or less, and there's really no way to guarantee that your model is a legitimate Grado product.

Apr 29, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just be very careful that you know excatly what you're getting before you commit to purchasing. I've seen many, many copy cat RA-1's sold on E-Bay for 70 dollars or less, and there's really no way to guarantee that your model is a legitimate Grado product.

It seems to be the real deal. If it's a copy it's a darn good one!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back