New Grado Hemp Limited Edition @ TTVJAudio.com
Jun 10, 2020 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

Grado has announced a new Limited Edition headphone - The Grado Hemp. Made with... hemp and utilizing the Flat Pads, this new headphone is available for preorder now and will ship in July. It will sell for ... ready... $420

Order yours today here from TTVJAudio.com or email todd@ttvjaudio.com or call us at 406-285-3910

gradohemp3.jpg

gradohemp2.jpg

Todd

Jun 11, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #3 of 7
Bet 90% of the sales will be done in California.

Jun 11, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #4 of 7
HI All,

Grado has announced a new Limited Edition headphone - The Grado Hemp. Made with... hemp and utilizing the Flat Pads, this new headphone is available for preorder now and will ship in July. It will sell for ... ready... $420

Order yours today here from TTVJAudio.com or email todd@ttvjaudio.com or call us at 406-285-3910

gradohemp3.jpg
gradohemp2.jpg

Todd
so Grado's just started doing the quarter (50 cent piece) mod on their flat pads?

Jun 11, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #5 of 7
This is interesting... Cannibis is not a woody plant with the secondary growth tree species typically produce. So what sort of engineering process produced these?

Jun 11, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #6 of 7
The Grado Hemp headphones sport the original Flat Pads that were designed and used on many of the early headphones from Grado Labs. For a long time I was able to have them made for me by the manufacturer in small quantities and sold them exclusively but Grado Labs has had them manufactured for this headphone. I think you are going to like this headphone.

I just started a loaner program for the Grado Hemp headphones for the first 10 people to sign up....

Todd

Nov 1, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #7 of 7
I just wanted to drop by and leave my impressions here on the Grado Hemp headphones. Firstly, I want to thank Todd from todd@ttvjaudio.com for hosting these headphone tours for vetted HeadFi members to take part in and offer our own impressions. Very kind and generous of him. Todd is also a pleasure to do business with as I have purchased from his eStore before. Ok now on to my impressions.

Packaging is typical Grado and nothing to write home about. They do come with a 3.5mm to 6.5mm adaptor and a letter from the Grado family. Upon handling the headphones they were heavier than I anticipated but are still extremely light. They are quite beautiful to look at as the hemp wood mated to the maple wood looks fantastic.

Upon initial listening the Hemp sounding to me like a RS1i with less body. I own the Grado GS2Ke, Alessandro Pro, Grado RS1i and so I naturally compared them to these headphones. I have spent a decent amount time with the Grado RS2i and the Grado PS500 too. Ok so with the Hemp I noticed a mid forward sound overall with a mid bass prominence. I liked it a lot. As I put more time in and various sources and amplification I began to notice that there was actually more lower mid bass to bass then upper mid bass presentation. The treble is airy while keeping sibilance at bay. That alone is worth the dough for these headphones! Grado's are so much fun to listen to as they provide a euphonic type of attention to the mids and vocals. Grado also get tonality just right for anything acoustic, woodwind, orchestral, or rock easily. Grado headphones can also be fatiguing due to some spikes in the treble around 5-7khz depending on your audio chain/source in my opinion. The Hemps did not fatigue my ears but still retained all the Grado qualities as well as surprising me with a more solid foundation in the bass department which is awesome being that these are open back headphones. Its as if the PS500 and RS2i's had a headphone baby! So overall with the Hemps one can expect an open sounding headphone which offer great detail, airy treble, mids dripping with euphony, and speedy impactful bass too. These headphones are a win in my opinion, well done Grado!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back