New Furniture and A/V Assembly - Contains Rant/Whining
Apr 1, 2004 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
We've been in our current house for about three years now, and have avoided getting new furniture because we have young kids. However, we've finally decided that what we have just isn't going to do any longer, and bought some new stuff.

We bought a pretty good sized entertainment center, and I got started this AM taking apart the TV/VCR/Cable box/DVD player and what not. The first thing that I notice is that the locking nuts on the cable seem to have been welded in place. One of them required a truly astonishing amount of torque to break it loose. Oh man...and there is three years worth of dust back there (of course, I'm allergic to whatever is living in this dust...GRR). I'm just getting started with this, and I hear this rumbling from outside the house...

OH crap!! They're here!! It's 9:30 AM!! They're not supposed to be here until between 10 and 1!! So in they come, as I'm scrambling to undo this byzantine mess of wires and cables and connectors and such!! Whatever it was that holds these things together has now doubled in it's tensile strength, and there is what now appears to be a tripling of the size of the pile of dust and crap behind the old entertainment center. Oh, and I don't even know what half of these wires and plugs are for!!

Fortunately, the furniture movers are happy to wait, as they are early. They even help me unhook some of the stuff. Once I clean up the dust and dirt, we're ready to go.

I've got to admit, it's going to make the room look a lot better. However, it's going to be a pain to reassemble all of this stuff. I've also informed my wife that our puny 15 year old TV just isn't going to look right in this thing.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back