New from Woo Audio - WA7 Fireflies (3rd Gen)
Sep 30, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #31 of 403
Welp – I took the plunge and ordered one. I've never owned a piece of audio gear in the <$1000 range.

I've been desirous of having an amplifier for my Sennheiser HD 660S headphones and this unit seemed to tick off the boxes I wanted:

• ESS Sabre DAC
  • 4.4mm Balanced Input (also 6.3 standard)
  • Internal power source
Never owned a tube amp of any kind so this is going to be a new experience to me.
Mine came in today. Got it plugged up and ready. So easy to set up and nice packaging.

Sep 30, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #32 of 403
Mine came in today. Got it plugged up and ready. So easy to set up and nice packaging.
Hey congratulations! I recommended the amp to you over at headphones.com (I use the name Swoquix over there). Hope you really enjoy it and post your impressions. Have you received the LCD 5 yet?

Sep 30, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #33 of 403
Nice! I ordered mine a few days ago. How long did yours take to arrive?

Sep 30, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #34 of 403
Hey congratulations! I recommended the amp to you over at headphones.com (I use the name Swoquix over there). Hope you really enjoy it and post your impressions. Have you received the LCD 5 yet?

Yo! For sure me too! I am still researching and curious if it'll be enough as Currawong has me concerned with his testing, but we'll see. Should be interesting with the i4 as well. Haven't tried it yet though. No 5 yet. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #35 of 403
Nice! I ordered mine a few days ago. How long did yours take to arrive?

About 6 days had I not miss delivery while taking a shower. Signature required.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #37 of 403
I ordered silver and was told it should ship by the end of October.

Will be happy to share my thoughts when it arrives.
Nice. Mine was black.

Sep 30, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #38 of 403
About 6 days had I not miss delivery while taking a shower. Signature required.
That's pretty quick! I ordered the black. It says "up to 4 weeks" when I placed my order, so we'll see.

I ordered silver and was told it should ship by the end of October.

Will be happy to share my thoughts when it arrives.
Definitely interested to hear your thoughts when it arrives. This will be my first tube amplifier too!

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #42 of 403
Sep 30, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #43 of 403
Interesting, I owned a Gen 2 with the tube power supply. With that guy the tube rolling that made a difference to the sound was the power supply tubes. I wonder if rolling tubes on the 3 will make the same impact since the tube power supply is no more. I enjoyed the 2 when I had it but sold it because it definitely not the most powerful amp.

Oct 1, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #45 of 403
Here's a question out of complete ignorance... how long will a pair of tubes last before they need to be replaced?
Here's what I found on the Woo Audio FAQ page:

Typically, tubes in our products may run 5000 - 9000 hours depending on where they are used. Drive tubes (the smaller tubes) are generally last up to 9000 hours, and power output tubes (the larger tubes) about 5000 hours. They do not usually completely fail after this time, but gradually deteriorate as the cathode begins to lose its coating and cannot emit electronics at the maximum rate. The sound usually becomes less focused and 2D like lacking high frequencies response.
Can see more info on here too: https://wooaudio.com/faq :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back