New from Woo Audio - WA7 Fireflies (3rd Gen)
Nov 11, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #91 of 403
Anyone tried the WA7 3rd Gen with the LCD-5?
I did its a lot more relax sound than my Arche but it does have plenty of power to drived them.

It tames the treble it brings it about back and mote relax. If you are trble sensitive this will help.

Bass is there in plenty of detailed and not over bloom.

Nov 11, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #93 of 403
Is it recommended to unplug before turning off?
I do all my headphones that way, I don't leave them plugged. Once im done listening they go back to their boxes.

Never had an issue.

Nov 11, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #94 of 403
Does anyone know if using WA7 as a preamp with say a Topping A90 give me improvement on an LCD5? I am wondering if more power will make any difference.

Nov 14, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #95 of 403
Does anyone know if using WA7 as a preamp with say a Topping A90 give me improvement on an LCD5? I am wondering if more power will make any difference.
What's your source for the wa7, im using my M15 as a source and it has plenty of powert.
Using LO full power and high gain and over headphone all on

Nov 14, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #96 of 403
What's your source for the wa7, im using my M15 as a source and it has plenty of powert.
Well, my pc with Foobar. I realized after posting that question that it isn't possible to preamp WA7 to an another amp right? Only to a power amp or powered speakers?

I am just curious if more power or current makes much of an impact in detail and soundstage or is it still just still in the mid fi level all the same sounding until closer to $2k and above.

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #97 of 403
Well, my pc with Foobar. I realized after posting that question that it isn't possible to preamp WA7 to an another amp right? Only to a power amp or powered speakers?

I am just curious if more power or current makes much of an impact in detail and soundstage or is it still just still in the mid fi level all the same sounding until closer to $2k and above.
The wa7 is more relax sound to me, more laid back. Yes Arche has more grunt but its more aggressive to my ears. I enjoy both.

Nov 21, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #99 of 403
I just received my WA7 3rd Gen today after using every previous gen. I have a electrical buzz that I hear on the LCD-5 that I can’t ignore. It is independent of volume.

Anyone else experiencing this? I’m very disappointed with it so far.

Nov 21, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #100 of 403
I just received my WA7 3rd Gen today after using every previous gen. I have a electrical buzz that I hear on the LCD-5 that I can’t ignore. It is independent of volume.

I saw a bunch of people complain about a buzzing sound on the LCD-5 thread, have you tried different amps?

Nov 21, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #101 of 403
Happily, I received my unit a few days ago and had a brief chance to demo it today with my LCD-XCs. Fortunately, no unwanted buzzing sounds.

My quick initial thoughts are that it seemed marvelous, subtle, and powerful. I'll share more thorough impressions in a bit.

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #102 of 403

If its independent of volume it could be from an external source like being too close to fluorescent lighting or a mobile/cellular device. It could be a power line buzz. I don’t have WA7 but I have seen in forums just such complaints with tube amps when it wasn’t the amp itself but an environmental issue. I wish I could point you to a solution but I’ve read too many forum posts on too many forums to remember. Of course it could be a faulty unit. Do you have any other headphones to try it with? Do they also buzz? Maybe contact Woo and ask them?

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #103 of 403
If its independent of volume it could be from an external source like being too close to fluorescent lighting or a mobile/cellular device. It could be a power line buzz. I don’t have WA7 but I have seen in forums just such complaints with tube amps when it wasn’t the amp itself but an environmental issue. I wish I could point you to a solution but I’ve read too many forum posts on too many forums to remember. Of course it could be a faulty unit. Do you have any other headphones to try it with? Do they also buzz? Maybe contact Woo and ask them?

True -- I've experienced this with tube amps - if there's power, a cell phone, etc adjacent they can introduce buzz.

Nov 24, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #105 of 403
I’m going to contact Woo - I have a low buzz no matter what I plug into regardless of anything close by. Doesn’t happen with my Woo Audio WA7 Gen 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back