New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp
Jan 22, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #211 of 220
My HP-V1 suddenly won't charge anymore - the little red light at the back is black as the blackest night. Have I blown it? Can't see how - I've just been using it normally. Anyone else had this issue?

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #214 of 220
My HP-V1 suddenly won't charge anymore - the little red light at the back is black as the blackest night. Have I blown it? Can't see how - I've just been using it normally. Anyone else had this issue?

Usually when a device refuses to charge they say to leave it charging with the slowest charger you have available. No idea if it will work for you, but if you can find a 15v charger with a low amp output. (12v?depending)

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #215 of 220
Has anyone tried this portable tube amp and also tried the Oriolus BA300S? I only managed to do a short listen with both and I found the BA300S to sound more natural and I'm not sure of the word to use but the word "cohesive" comes to mind.

I would like to hear anyone else's thoughts on the similarities and differences between these two portable tube amps. thanks.

Dec 24, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #216 of 220
Has anyone tried this portable tube amp and also tried the Oriolus BA300S? I only managed to do a short listen with both and I found the BA300S to sound more natural and I'm not sure of the word to use but the word "cohesive" comes to mind.

I would like to hear anyone else's thoughts on the similarities and differences between these two portable tube amps. thanks.
I've had both amps. The HP-V1 is very involving, but it had a limited amount of power. The BA300s tightens things up quite a bit, especially with more demanding cans, but it only adds something like 3db. I also have the ALO CV5 which I find is the best of them all. Really pairs beautifully with all Beyerdynamics. I would probably recommend that above the others.

Dec 24, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #217 of 220
I've had both amps. The HP-V1 is very involving, but it had a limited amount of power. The BA300s tightens things up quite a bit, especially with more demanding cans, but it only adds something like 3db. I also have the ALO CV5 which I find is the best of them all. Really pairs beautifully with all Beyerdynamics. I would probably recommend that above the others.
Thanks for your thoughts and experience. I'll look into that.

Dec 25, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #219 of 220
No prob. Let me know if you want any more info.
I have the DX200 but my usual on the go DAP has been the N6ii since I got it. When I tested the BA300S, I first had it connected to the 4.4 using the Line Out option on the N6ii. The sound would only come out at full power even if I set the limit low on the N6ii. So I ended up needing to set it at Headphone Out instead so that I could set the audio level. Does that mean that it would be double amping?

Jul 9, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #220 of 220
I wish to purchase a Fostex HP-V1 tube headphone amplifier and I am wondering if I could use a different power supply than stock one; the Fostex it's rated 15V but my Russ Andrews powerpak pro power supply it's rated 16V. It's safe to use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back