New forum member from Norway
Jul 25, 2013 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Maxibully

New Head-Fier
Im also "New" to this forum , been lurking for quite  while,and since i have a summer vacation  i thought i finally make a post
im working in the IT department and are living in a nice house with my girlfriend and my miniatureschnauzer  in a little  city in  a little country  called Norway
im fairly new too headfi ,im  in love with music in almost all forms
i love tech stuff, computers ,hifi audio/home entertainment stuff and all things electronic
i own the following headphones : sennheiser hd 598 ,akg701,  denon hp700, schiit aasgard, and a few cheap china amps and a burson soloist
im in the process of buying a pair of grados and im also looking into  a pair of the higher end  sennheisers
looking forward to hanging out here and learn alot about this  love of ours
over and out from Norway

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Im also "New" to this forum , been lurking for quite  while,and since i have a summer vacation  i thought i finally make a post
im working in the IT department and are living in a nice house with my girlfriend and my miniatureschnauzer  in a little  city in  a little country  called Norway
im fairly new too headfi ,im  in love with music in almost all forms
i love tech stuff, computers ,hifi audio/home entertainment stuff and all things electronic
i own the following headphones : sennheiser hd 598 ,akg701,  denon hp700, schiit aasgard, and a few cheap china amps and a burson soloist
im in the process of buying a pair of grados and im also looking into  a pair of the higher end  sennheisers
looking forward to hanging out here and learn alot about this  love of ours
over and out from Norway

Sounds like you're selecting the cream of the crop in headphones.
wink.gif

The Sennheiser HD580/600/650 are quite a bit different than the HD598.  They will take good amplification and ask for more, giving you sounds that you never heard before with each upgrade.  It's a vicious cycle.
wink.gif

I'm a Grado enthusiast myself and I feel for you guys outside of the states and the prices you have to pay.  Don't be deterred by the apparent construction with Grados.  Sennheisers will make them look like Model T Fords, but the Grados have a unique and very musical personality all their own.  Basically, the models increase with bass as you move up the line.  The RS-1 is a favorite of many, while the PS500 is the same as the Head-Fi HF-2 and many say it's better than the RS-1 because of the authoritative bass.  (Any Grado will have great highs, almost.)

It may take some doing to find an amp that you like with Grados - they don't take to solid-state, super-low output impedance very well (complaints of harshness).  It's why most people recommend tube amps for them.

Anyway - good luck!

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks guys for the  replys
i am  as mentioned a bit curious  hearing the higher ends sennheisers, i havent really listen to either  the 650 or the 700 or the 800
im actually very curious about specifacly the 650 and the 800
also very interesting about the grados , and u definetly right its a criminal price here in europe (norway) a set of 325i is around 600 us dollar
its alot better priced on amazoon for instance ,even  with tax etc
anyway time to listen to some music and do some work
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back