NEW! Focusrite Forte USB DAC Interface for Mac & Windows - Apogee Duet 2 alternative?
Oct 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
[size=small]You guys know I love my Apogee Duet 2 as a Dac and a headphones amp for road use. The biggest concern for most people with the Duet 2 is the lack of Windows support. When I saw the Forte Press Release I thought this may be the perfect alternative to the Duet 2. I just got it today so stay tuned for my unboxing. Take a look at the details. I'll report back on how it sounds.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]http://us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/forte[/size]

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #6 of 19
I have both. Honestly they're virtually indistinguishable on SQ. I personally prefer the RME Babyface for the EQ and drivers, but it can't drive HD650 and the like.

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #10 of 19
I bought forte to day, sound is great,but... i do not understand why if I have a guitar and a microphone connected,when i record the guitar, the program records the voice on the guitar..im using logic.can anyone help me?

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #13 of 19
I gave up the idea of buying the Babyface because of the lack of a built in headphone amp (digital volume control instead) and the weak headphone output.
Does the Forte sport a decent headphone amp ? Is the headphone output powerful enough to be able to drive most headphones (let's say up to 60 ohms).

Thanks in advance, this could be my dream audio interface.

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:
I gave up the idea of buying the Babyface because of the lack of a built in headphone amp (digital volume control instead) and the weak headphone output.
Does the Forte sport a decent headphone amp ? Is the headphone output powerful enough to be able to drive most headphones (let's say up to 60 ohms).

Thanks in advance, this could be my dream audio interface.

It has two headphone amps, but it's limited to powering those two opamps with bus-power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back