NEW! Focal Headphones.
Oct 21, 2011 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

DjAmTraX

Now known as: HiFiGuy528
Just saw this on the web. I love Focal speakers so I hope their headphones are as good. 

http://www.avguide.com/article/focal-adds-hi-fi-headphones-their-lineup-introduced-cedia-2011

September 2011 - Focal adds a new item to its sound system: hi-fi headphones. The first model in this new family, Spirit One honors the standards of the brand, with its immaculate design and high performance.

focal.png

Two years of relentless work were necessary to develop Spirit One.

Resulting from a whole series of inventions, including acoustic loudspeakers like Grande Utopia, and the result of unique expertise in the field of transducers, Spirit One audio headphones...that are going to make noise!

Combining acoustic, technical and aesthetic performance, Spirit One is an eloquent indicator of Focal's creative capacities. Noble materials (Aluminum), soft touch and total comfort. On-ear model, they fit around the ear without heating the lobe, while still being completely airtight. This provides excellent natural insulation against external noises and ensures deep and solid bass frequencies.

A treat for your eyes and ears, Spirit One also fully meets the expectations of today's users. The removable cord incorporates a remote control and a mic to control the telephonic functions of an iPhone once Spirit One is connected: which allows you to enjoy your favourite music in the street without losing contact with the outside, and on the plane as Spirit One comes with a specialized adapter!

After having brought sound to homes with the sound system, in the car with world renowned speakers, in studios and public address, Spirit One is the missing link to ensure that you have Focal sound with you everywhere!

Recommended retail price: 199 Euros
available in November 2011

About Focal-JMlab
Since its foundation, Focal-JMlab has grown to become one of the main manufacturers of high-fidelity, integration and multimedia systems. Headquartered in Saint-Etienne, France, it is now internationally recognized as a world leader in the design and manufacture of drivers dedicated to hi-fi loudspeakers, but also to car audio hi-fi systems and professional monitors. Focal-JMlab has a wide range of high technology loudspeakers from 95 to 65,000 Euros and 99 to 2,750 Euros for car audio. Market-leader in France, it exports over 73% of its output mainly in Europe, North America, and Southeast Asia.

Focal-JMlab
BP 374 108 Rue de l'avenir
42353 La Talaudière Cedex France

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #2 of 37
could also be a flop like the P5...

they look pretty cool tho

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 37
I can imagine the headline now

'Dr Dre Beats superior to latest Focal headphone offering'

It's a crazy world!

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #6 of 37
I hope it's not like the crap that B&W makes.  I will email Simon at AudioPlus (Focal distributor) about these on Monday.  He's tell me the truth about these.  

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #7 of 37

Quote:
I hope it's not like the crap that B&W makes.  I will email Simon at AudioPlus (Focal distributor) about these on Monday.  He's tell me the truth about these.  

they might be, and they seem to be targeted more towards consumers than to audiophiles based on their description as well as having that little mic thingy for phones. i doubt these will be any good

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #9 of 37

Quote:

I disagree here. The P5 isn't all that great, but I've yet to come across a portable headphone that I like and I've already tried quite a lot of them. The P5 is superbly conceived in terms of use and build (puts to shame a lot of other manufacturers in this regard). Sound isn't great, but I don't think it's any worse (but no better as well) than a HD-25. It dose a few things no other portable headphones I've tried can do - as an example it's my favourite portable for piano (even though in absolute terms I still dislike them).
It's no Monster Beat for sure.

Let's see how that one performs. But I already find it quite ugly and massive to be worn in the overcrowded Parisian subway.

Oct 22, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #10 of 37
I'm not feeling the looks.  Reminds me of Pioneer HP-2000.

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #13 of 37
Actually, even though I agree that there seems to be a correlation between adding a mic on the cable and overpriced headphones, I think that it is in essence a great idea. I'd love if all portable headphones came with a remote (compatible with both Apple products and other players).

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #14 of 37
 It's true, these headphones look a little glamour-over-functionality, but remember that the MTPCs also came with a mic, and they turned out pretty well. I do like the detatchable cable though. These kind of remind me of a pair of DJ headphones as well...

Oct 23, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #15 of 37

Users who are viewing this thread

Back