*NEW* Fischer Audio's October 2015 OMEGA Release: Ace, Spark, Twin
Oct 9, 2015 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Tom22

Headphoneus Supremus
October 2015 Releases from Fischer Audio,

Hey Guys,

Recently I was reached out by Fischer Audio to take a look at 3 new earphones(with an over the ear design) from their Omega Series that’s set to debut in Late October- Early November 2015. 
As it turns out, I wasn’t able to get any information on these 3 earphones online.  So I’ll share with you guys the extent of my knowledge of each of these earphones.
(And as always I will update the thread with links to my unboxing, first impression(in the next post), full reviews (the following post)

The following is a Quick introductory video of these three earphones:

Final Review:
Ace Review:http://www.head-fi.org/products/fischer-audio-omega-ace/reviews/14872
Spark Review:http://www.head-fi.org/products/fischer-audio-omega-spark/reviews/14871
Twin Review:http://www.head-fi.org/products/fischer-audio-omega-twin/reviews/14870

Omega Series- Fischer Audio’s Omega Series is designed to be an ideal companion throughout your day. With most people having an active and hectic lifestyle, the Omega Series will be the perfect earphones, the one-solution for your entire day. It offers exhilarating good sound for energetic people. With a great comfortable active-fit, Omega aims at providing a fantastic experience be it commuting, casual listening or hitting the fitness arena.

Essentially---They were  intended to be a sort of "All Purpose Earphone" (in the gym, at home, and when out and about) with a mic and button to be used straight off your smartphone.

The Omega Ace- $49USD

A blend of fun and expression, the Omega Ace earphones guarantees powerful and thumping bass with an optimal fit. This sturdy pair of earphones is made with a new robust, braided cable design and a minimalistic one-button microphone with superb voice clarity. With the interesting semi- transparent black housing, Omega Ace will blend seamlessly into your active lifestyle while satisfying your bass demands.

The Omega Spark- $59 USD

Omega Spark is a petite in-ear headphones that packs a punch above its weight. Offering excellent audio quality of clear, distinct highs with sweet lows and mid-lows, the in-ear headphones will bring out the best of a wide genre of music. Combined with a striking red-black housing combination and durable braided TPU cables in a matching red, Omega Spark has the looks to match its performance.
With a sporty, modern look and bendable memory wire over-the-ear design, the Omega Spark will provide a comfortable fit for anytime of the day. Omega Spark is specially recommended for ladies and youth because of its small body design which will sit snuggly for consumers with smaller ears.

The Omega Twin- $79 USD
Omega Twin will be the choice for those that demands only the best. The double dynamic drivers in this audio menace deliver tight, punchy bass with a warm vocal reproduction that will bound to bring you into music fantasy.
The unique shape of the semi-transparent black housing is specially designed so that it sits snuggly into the cavity of our ears, providing comfortable fitting and excellent passive noise isolation. Sporting an over-the-ear design with memory cable and paired with high quality TPU braided cables, Omega Twin is the ideal earphones from working to working out.

Oct 10, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 18
Cool find!!

The cheapest ACE, to me, is not too exciting. The Moxpad looks are generic now and the promise of the lowest SQ level is not too thrilling.

The dual seems to be quite a lot like the Brainwavz R1 but hopefully better. I have the FA Dubliz and the Brainwavz S3 single driver and they are on the same SQ tier to my ears. Hopefully the Twin are good for $79.

The Spark looks cool and is light and tiny. It's price and promise of being a generalist and for a wide spectrum of music genres make it the most appealing to me atm.

Look forward to the impressions. Hope they turn out to be winners!

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 18
gotta say i'm quite taken by the omega Twins,  the dual dynamic driver one

it reminds me a lot of the IM70 from audio technica thats been getting great feedback.

haven't compared those two directly yet, but it seems to have better subbass extension then the im70s, with the midrange taking a bit of step back

the good thing is that the fit isn't fussy like the im70 (which quite bothered me in the beginning, and required a lot of tip rolling until i could get a good fit and my prefer sound signature from them) as stated in my first impression video of the im70s

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #6 of 18
  Cool find!!

The cheapest ACE, to me, is not too exciting. The Moxpad looks are generic now and the promise of the lowest SQ level is not too thrilling.

The dual seems to be quite a lot like the Brainwavz R1 but hopefully better. I have the FA Dubliz and the Brainwavz S3 single driver and they are on the same SQ tier to my ears. Hopefully the Twin are good for $79.

The Spark looks cool and is light and tiny. It's price and promise of being a generalist and for a wide spectrum of music genres make it the most appealing to me atm.

Look forward to the impressions. Hope they turn out to be winners!

i prefer the omega twins > s3s.

the s3s aren't one my favorite releases from brainwavz.

the subbass rolls off quite quickly and the mid and upper bass is already on the leaner end as well

the twins are much warmer to my ears so far, but i would say the s3s would edge out the twins so far in terms of midrange clarity.

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #7 of 18
Omega Sparks:

wow if i didn't already mention this in my unboxing video..... the sparks are sooooo tiny!! they are like floating in my ears. the only thing in contact with my ears is the silicone eartip. 

it was quite enjoyable while in bed watching youtube and videos. because it doesn't protrude out. 

sound wise it seems like its the Omega Ace but with a cut in the bass so the midrange is a bit more forward in the mix 

Relatively speaking... 

i wouldn't call them bright by any means though..... so i think they should rephrase the wording on the box...... as bright may scare off some users (especially since i don't find them ever fatiguing when i'm using them, while rolling around in bed (when i can't sleep) 

Omega Ace: day 2 impressions

its a nice warm sound, and it is quite bassy overall. so even with a bad seal the bass is still present.

interestingly enough the midrange is clearer then i initially thought as i thought it might get buried in the bass

and i actually prefer it slightly over the Omega sparks a bit more

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 18
just another update! on the OMEGA ace

I had contacted Fischer about an issue i was having on my unit.  which was driver flex (and a lot of it) 

it seems that its just an isolated incident on my pair (as he did mention that the vent on the face of the housing was intended to remove the issue of driver flex.

but my pair of OMEGA ACE had a lot of driver flex on the left earpiece only (the right earpiece is perfectly silent, as with the rest of the OMEGA series (the spark, twins) in my possession.

so i will hold off on making any other impressions on the ACE until i have a working pair ( as for all i know, my unit may have been damaged due to the driver flex) or for whatever other reason!

so i will march one with the Spark and the Twins.

Which i just lying on my side with (both)

the twins was nice but the spark was like not wearing anything..... until i turned over to my side only to tug on the wire.

the sparks are quite a comfortable little critter

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #9 of 18
Hey thanks for sharing! I too have received the 3 earphones provided by Fischer Audio Asia. I do have quite a different impression from you but I guess we have different listening preferences. I have not gone into detailed listening yet as I am now tied up with other product reviews, but I'll share my thoughts as they come along too.

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #10 of 18
  Hey thanks for sharing! I too have received the 3 earphones provided by Fischer Audio Asia. I do have quite a different impression from you but I guess we have different listening preferences. I have not gone into detailed listening yet as I am now tied up with other product reviews, but I'll share my thoughts as they come along too.

oh what do you think of em? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts!

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #11 of 18
I do like a barely there earphone esp. for sports and stuff but what about the cable? I see that Toronto should be nice now to test out the cables. Staring to get cold here in the Northeast US and some of my earphones are starting their usual cable stiffening just like my JVC Elation. Love the supple well behaved cable and use it even to shoot hoops or whack a little ball around but the sheathing apparently does not like the cold.

Spark needs to avoid this or they are going to be a no go for me. They won't work well with jackets and will keep working their way out of the ears with any decent moving around. I know TPU is suppose to pass a low temp winding test and be good for lower temps. Still need a field test though :)

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #12 of 18
using the twins right now, interestingly enough it has a medium to shallow fit, despite the longer nozzle length.

the lip on the nozzle is really far down so i can't see the twins (or any of the omega series) stick out much from anyone's ears at all. 

its a very low profile fit.

i've tried them all lying on my side in bed, and all are equally comfortable

but i would say for me the twins are just a bit more "ergonomic" as the shape really fits my ears very well

also been playing around with eartips, i've settle with the larges for whatever reason (i'm usually a medium)  the mediums sound somewhat dark and lacking a bit of energy up top

i also tried the twins with some triple flanges (with great success) the bore opening is wider and it opens up the sound, tames the bass down, and brings out the treble a bit more

though its not as comfortable because it does sit deeper in your ears, my ears does feel a bit of irritation after about 1 hour or so with the triple flanges (as opposed to the stock single flanges) where i can use for many many hours at a time.

i also tried the twins with the wide bore hybrid tips i got that looks like this from ebay

they pair well with twins as well because the go all the way down on the nozzle, and their single flange too so they don't irritate my ears as much as the triple flanges

and i quite like the sound of this combo! its like a marriage of the comfort from the stock tips with the wider slightly more balanced sound of the triple flanges

i would wish that that the double flange, (fischer includes in the package) would have a wider bore, those are really soft (the silicone seems to be made differently from the single flanges), but it does darken the sound a bit for me 

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #13 of 18

oh what do you think of em? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts!

I've finally finished my review. I'm amazed at the details you go into each headphones.

Among the 3, the Twin is definitely the most detailed, but I would prefer that the treble is brighter. The Spark is too bright for my liking when listening to Pop, but Classical music sounds amazing. 
http://musicphotolife.com/2015/11/fischer-audio-omega-ace-spark-twin-earphones-review/

I would appreciate your kind feedback to improve on my reviews. Cheers.

Nov 14, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #14 of 18
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/Fruggnuts/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Hi Guys,

Tom22, I noticed that you mentioned the Fischer Audio Twin is similar to Audio Technica ATH-IM70. Well let me do a quick comparison as I got both!

Fischer Audio Twin, I had it for about 3 weeks and been using it for OTG listening to music. With the Twin the thing that catches my eye in an instant was the cable and how durable it looks .

Audio Technica ATH-IM70, I had it for close to 5 months ever since my running earpiece that was on loan was destroyed. I know that it should never be used for a run and what not and i didn't dare to try as the stock cable looked fragile.

Okay now down to the details that would interest readers. Just a quick review as I'm new at this...

BASE

TWIN: present, not tight, can be quite muddled in some songs.

IM70: present, very tight, controlled, can be underpowered in some songs.

Mids

TWIN: relatively Flat.

IM70: neutral sounding, comparing to the TWIN its a lot better.

Trebble

TWIN: Not much of an issue but not very extended, if you do a comparison to IM70 where details are supposed to be this TWIN loses as it is almost non-existent.

IM70: Too much in some songs. Causes you to reduce your audio level ( Bright / Forward),

Soundstage

TWIN: too compact no soundstage or minimal.

IM70: a decent soundstage present.

Daily Usage
In terms of daily usage the TWIN wins with its durability in its the cable plus super lightweight  which when used for a run it really didn't even feel like i had them on at all. Relax dear readers I definitely didn't dare to use the ATH-IM70 for a run that would just be a waste instead I use the IM70s for my weekly sound mixing. It does the job well enough for me as most of the "performance" is usually in a small hall capable of holding no more that 150 people.

To be honest when i first started using IM70 it was really shocking as when i tired it out prior to purchasing it, i felt it was good enough and when i tested it on my laptop i screamed it sounded horrid! I had test and trialed multiple IEMs and then i remembered is my EQ settings that were left on ?  To my surprise , yes it was ! Silly me. 

IM70s are perfect for myself who doesn't want to just dive into the deep end of the Audio (Hi-fi) it has a decent soundstage, very ideal for guitars and certain vocals but can be very harsh towards the outliers in the performance (analytical) just got to keep in mind that the Bass can be under powered.

TWIN is a nice change to provide Bass, although i'm not a BASSHEAD, but i do appreciate a good song and the hump in the Bass. the TWIN Plus point to it was that it had an in-line mic which I needed as well as my earpiece was gone... T_T" but nothing to miss as it was a really old piece of at least 4 yrs provided by apple. The only issue i find was that the sensitivity of the Twin was much lesser than that of the IM70.

Conclusion
I won't mind getting the TWIN if it was anything below SG$70, the ATH-IM70 which i got it around SG$125 was nice and decent. The TWIN however was a Steal as the MSRP is SG$99 - 119. Please take note that the Price of SG$70 i got the TWINS for was given as a very kind 1 time offer by Headphone Gallery at Funan level 2. Pleased with both for different usage, the Twins for OTG music listening without the worrying factor if the crowd would pull or knock into the cables causing damages. The IM70s I use for Audio mixing, watching my movies and adding slight EQ setting for the bass  and only for movies.

Please do let me know how i could improve on doing reviews :p

Fruggnuts

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #15 of 18
http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/Fruggnuts/embed/slideshow/</a>">

Hi Guys,

Tom22, I noticed that you mentioned the Fischer Audio Twin is similar to Audio Technica ATH-IM70. Well let me do a quick comparison as I got both!

Fischer Audio Twin, I had it for about 3 weeks and been using it for OTG listening to music. With the Twin the thing that catches my eye in an instant was the cable and how durable it looks .

Audio Technica ATH-IM70, I had it for close to 5 months ever since my running earpiece that was on loan was destroyed. I know that it should never be used for a run and what not and i didn't dare to try as the stock cable looked fragile.

Okay now down to the details that would interest readers. Just a quick review as I'm new at this...

BASE

TWIN: present, not tight, can be quite muddled in some songs.

IM70: present, very tight, controlled, can be underpowered in some songs.

Mids

TWIN: relatively Flat.

IM70: neutral sounding, comparing to the TWIN its a lot better.

Trebble

TWIN: Not much of an issue but not very extended, if you do a comparison to IM70 where details are supposed to be this TWIN loses as it is almost non-existent.

IM70: Too much in some songs. Causes you to reduce your audio level ( Bright / Forward),

Soundstage

TWIN: too compact no soundstage or minimal.

IM70: a decent soundstage present.

Daily Usage
In terms of daily usage the TWIN wins with its durability in its the cable plus super lightweight  which when used for a run it really didn't even feel like i had them on at all. Relax dear readers I definitely didn't dare to use the ATH-IM70 for a run that would just be a waste instead I use the IM70s for my weekly sound mixing. It does the job well enough for me as most of the "performance" is usually in a small hall capable of holding no more that 150 people.

To be honest when i first started using IM70 it was really shocking as when i tired it out prior to purchasing it, i felt it was good enough and when i tested it on my laptop i screamed it sounded horrid! I had test and trialed multiple IEMs and then i remembered is my EQ settings that were left on ?  To my surprise , yes it was ! Silly me. 

IM70s are perfect for myself who doesn't want to just dive into the deep end of the Audio (Hi-fi) it has a decent soundstage, very ideal for guitars and certain vocals but can be very harsh towards the outliers in the performance (analytical) just got to keep in mind that the Bass can be under powered.

TWIN is a nice change to provide Bass, although i'm not a BASSHEAD, but i do appreciate a good song and the hump in the Bass. the TWIN Plus point to it was that it had an in-line mic which I needed as well as my earpiece was gone... T_T" but nothing to miss as it was a really old piece of at least 4 yrs provided by apple. The only issue i find was that the sensitivity of the Twin was much lesser than that of the IM70.

Conclusion
I won't mind getting the TWIN if it was anything below SG$70, the ATH-IM70 which i got it around SG$125 was nice and decent. The TWIN however was a Steal as the MSRP is SG$99 - 119. Please take note that the Price of SG$70 i got the TWINS for was given as a very kind 1 time offer by Headphone Gallery at Funan level 2. Pleased with both for different usage, the Twins for OTG music listening without the worrying factor if the crowd would pull or knock into the cables causing damages. The IM70s I use for Audio mixing, watching my movies and adding slight EQ setting for the bass  and only for movies.

Please do let me know how i could improve on doing reviews :p

Fruggnuts

Very nice impressions! Did a fine job!.

I agree with you saying the bass on the im70 is less relative to the twins.

In particularly the sub bass.

There is some bloat to the twins but its not really distracting, given its intended usage i think its appropriate.

The twins definitely feel more inspiring > im70. Though detachable cables are nice i can still see some wiggle room. Which is always going to be the case unless the cable is fixed.

Isolation i would say both are about on par. Not amazing, but i think the twins edge out the im70s on that regard.

The twins are definitely less annoying in terms of fit and comfort.

The im70s are giant in comparison. So the twins wpuld be fine for someone to just pick up and go without having to seek other aftermarket tips for better comfort.

Both sit flush against my ear with the twins having a slightly more ergonomic fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back