New FiiO E07K. Need help.
Jan 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

connordddm

New Head-Fier
I've bought my first amp / DAC today, and I'm loving it, but I have one concern.

I'm using this with my computer a lot, and it plugs in like this:

Headphones > E07K amp > Mini B to USB > USB port in Computer. 

This charges it, but it's how you use USB audio with it... so if I'm using this thing when it's fully charged in my computer and listening to music for a long period of time, am I overcharging the battery? I've had problems with overcharging on my old laptop and my phone before, so if I were to overcharge this how much would a battery cost?

Thanks,
Connor.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 6
I have a Fiio E17 which is similar, and it stops charging when the amp/dac is fully charged. It also has an option to turn off USB charging so that you don't have to keep it fully charged at all times if you prefer. 

I'm not sure if the E07K works the same way? As for the battery I believe you can get one through Fiio and replace it yourself.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
I have a Fiio E17 which is similar, and it stops charging when the amp/dac is fully charged. It also has an option to turn off USB charging so that you don't have to keep it fully charged at all times if you prefer. 

I'm not sure if the E07K works the same way? As for the battery I believe you can get one through Fiio and replace it yourself.

Thanks! 
atsmile.gif

So, it will keep it fully charged, but not charge it? And if I turn off USB charging, it will be plugged in but not charging?

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Thanks! 
atsmile.gif

So, it will keep it fully charged, but not charge it? And if I turn off USB charging, it will be plugged in but not charging?

I have my E17 plugged in right now, with USB charging ON and it is currently NOT charging. The E17 has a bright red light around the power button when it is charging, when it is fully charged the light dulls down almost completely. If the E07K works similarly, which I believe it does, it will shut off and stop charging once it is full. If you turn off USB charging then it shouldn't charge at all until you turn it back on.

I haven't turned off the USB charging myself as I'm afraid that I may forget it is off and have the battery die on me, and then have no way to charge it LOL 
beyersmile.png
 I'm not sure if this can happen, but I know you can charge it in the wall but I don't have an adapter!

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
I have my E17 plugged in right now, with USB charging ON and it is currently NOT charging. The E17 has a bright red light around the power button when it is charging, when it is fully charged the light dulls down almost completely. If the E07K works similarly, which I believe it does, it will shut off and stop charging once it is full. If you turn off USB charging then it shouldn't charge at all until you turn it back on.

I haven't turned off the USB charging myself as I'm afraid that I may forget it is off and have the battery die on me, and then have no way to charge it LOL 
beyersmile.png
 I'm not sure if this can happen, but I know you can charge it in the wall but I don't have an adapter!

Thanks. I'm wondering what other people set for their bass and treble levels for some rock n roll like Rush... I know everyone has their own opinions on what sounds best, but whats yours set at? Right now my bass is at 8 and my treble is at 4... 

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Thanks. I'm wondering what other people set for their bass and treble levels for some rock n roll like Rush... I know everyone has their own opinions on what sounds best, but whats yours set at? Right now my bass is at 8 and my treble is at 4... 

It really depends on your headphones, the source, and what type of sound you prefer. I have a pair of Audio Technica A900X headphones that I use with my E17. I like the sound signature of the headphones as is. I just like a touch of extra bass, so I just boost the bass up +2 and leave the treble as is (I like the highs on the headphones and I don't listen to much rock). I also like to boost the gain slightly as opposed to a straight volume increase, I find to my ears that it adds some clarity and a bit of punch to the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back