New Etymotic ER6i
Nov 11, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 16
dude, you cant upload pics from your comp here, use photobucket or something. and i am getting my new version tomorow!

Nov 11, 2004 at 6:39 AM Post #4 of 16
i see that the thing that hold tips is longer now, thats good. i cant wait to get my new ones. also did they ship you will ALL accossories? i mean like retail package.

Nov 11, 2004 at 6:47 AM Post #5 of 16
Yes, they shipped everything including a self addressed stamped envelope to send the old ones back, They have been very cool about fixing this issue. The letter said to just ship back the cans and keep the old accessories. Nice to have an extra pair of tips.
One thing of added interest. My old pair had a bit of grain on the top end that is gone now. I don't think they did any mods to the driver performance, so maybe that original pair was not up to standards. Or maybe they did tweak them a little.
etysmile.gif

Nov 11, 2004 at 6:49 AM Post #6 of 16
on my right driver, i can see like 2mm of red wire when i look underneath, thats probly when they got caught up in the chair. now i will get brand new pair. ETY RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 11, 2004 at 7:19 AM Post #7 of 16
ety's customer service is great. They'll do just about anything to satisfy you. at least from my experience.

Nov 11, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #11 of 16
i got mine! here are few things i noticed, they are plastic instead of rubber and MUCH smaller! Alsoi the thing that holds the flanges is longer. and they also inculeded new cord strap! i dont have a camera, so sry i cnt get pics

Nov 11, 2004 at 7:29 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
i got mine! here are few things i noticed, they are plastic instead of rubber and MUCH smaller! Alsoi the thing that holds the flanges is longer. and they also inculeded new cord strap! i dont have a camera, so sry i cnt get pics

When you guys say the driver or tube has gotten smaller in this newly revised version, does it mean the whole canalphone is now smaller? Because when I tried the ER-4Ps I thought it kinda hurt my ear canal, are these ER-6i smaller and should be easier to fit?

Nov 11, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricola_pak
When you guys say the driver or tube has gotten smaller in this newly revised version, does it mean the whole canalphone is now smaller? Because when I tried the ER-4Ps I thought it kinda hurt my ear canal, are these ER-6i smaller and should be easier to fit?

I don't think the flanges got any smaller

Nov 11, 2004 at 10:22 PM Post #14 of 16
i got my redesigns today, and i am VERY impressed. the size of the driver is much smaller than it was previously. the tips aren't going to come off due to the added length of the barrel, and i think this added life makes the tips slightly more rigid and easier to get a good seal with. the fact that the drivers are so much smaller means that the phones are very low profile in the ear. the color of the new ones is also a stark white which perfectly matches the iPod, instead of the previous alabaster. the sound quality is the same as before: fantastic.

Nov 11, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #15 of 16
Actually they are the same size as they were before. The original ones had a rubber coating which added to the thickness, and made them feel larger. The actual hardware of the driver is unchanged. It was the coating that blocked most of the sound tube, and caused the tips to not stay on. With that gone, they look smaller, and you can actually get the flanges to stay on correctly.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back