New Envy24 drivers
Oct 29, 2004 at 8:22 PM Post #16 of 28
When you selected "Kernel Streaming", did you click "go to settings" right below it to make sure that "Envy24" is selected? You have to select that to enable it...

Oct 30, 2004 at 3:37 AM Post #17 of 28
Yes, Envy24 is selected.

Oct 30, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
Does anyone know if they finally fixed the master volume bug?

Also, the QSound demos are pretty good. I wonder how it works for games.

Mr.Radar

It works great for games. Hardly any FPS drop at all. I put my ZS back in and the FPS are about the same if not 2-5 higher.

Oct 31, 2004 at 12:34 AM Post #20 of 28
With A2 class soundcard install, EAX (3.0 and above) will be process automatically.

Envy card did not run on EAX 3.0 and above, so the comparing of FramePerSecond is not apple to apple.

Oct 31, 2004 at 1:31 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Does anyone know if they finally fixed the master volume bug?

I don't believe they have; at least not to my ears. I could just be on crack, though.

Oct 31, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #22 of 28
No, master volume bug is still there.

No improvements as far as I can see at all, but I'll keep them.

Oct 31, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Check out the setup guide linked in my sig. Also, did you set the output data format to "24-bit fixed padded to 32-bit"?

Yes, that is checked. I will read that guide, though.

Edit: I read it and followed it and it was everything I had already done, but I fooled around a bit more and it worked. It was all about the order I had been doing things in, more or less, because I had tried all of it already, but in the wrong order.

Oct 31, 2004 at 2:52 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeeyy
With A2 class soundcard install, EAX (3.0 and above) will be process automatically.

Envy card did not run on EAX 3.0 and above, so the comparing of FramePerSecond is not apple to apple.

Hello yeeyy. For clarification. This is not disputed as the A2 would be doing more work. Just pointing out that in previous drivers if 3D was enabled, there was about 10-13 FPS lower in game with Sensaura than with QSOUND.

Oct 31, 2004 at 8:36 AM Post #25 of 28
With these drivers I get almost no sound from the rear speaker jack. Back to 324c for me.

Edit: nevermind, I didn't realize PCM SPDIF controls the volume of the rear jack.

Nov 10, 2004 at 10:22 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrillic
Yes, that is checked. I will read that guide, though.

Edit: I read it and followed it and it was everything I had already done, but I fooled around a bit more and it worked. It was all about the order I had been doing things in, more or less, because I had tried all of it already, but in the wrong order.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. Itoo had been having trouble. I followed the guide's steps exactly and now have a working KS setup. Everything sounds great.

Nov 21, 2004 at 7:23 AM Post #27 of 28
HI,
I'm using the new driver, however my foobar2000 V0.8.3 hasve no sound at all when I choose "24bit padded tp 32bit"!? I have to use "16 bit" to get sound. What could be wrong? Do I need to go back to the earlest driver?
Thanks.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back