New Envy24 drivers
Oct 27, 2004 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

TNT

New Head-Fier
http://www.viaarena.com/downloads/dr...vers_V432b.zip

Anyone interested in experimenting these and reporting back? They are still warm
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #3 of 28
Anybody knows if there is a "fixed in this release" notes for this driver release??!! I couldn't find it anywhere!
frown.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 28
They have added QSOUND instead of Sensaura under the Advance Control tab. That is a major change in itself. Don't know what else was changed under the hood though.

They had to use something else though since Creative bought Sensaura. I wonder if the other manufactures will follow.
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 12:34 AM Post #6 of 28
I have tried one game, but it seems to sound good for music cds as well. Not sure if it is placebo/imagination, but I think it affects the music. Can someone confirm. Sounds good. Philips has always used QSOUND.

Oct 28, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #7 of 28
What about bit-perfect playback? 3.24 broke bit-perfect for me so I had to roll back to 3.10a. Can anybody report back if 4.32b will do this as well?
I'm not that much bothered by the volume bug, but it would be nice if they've finally fixed it.

Oct 28, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #8 of 28
I have noticed since QSOUND works with all stereo sound you don't have to enable 3D in games, as long as QSOUND is enabled. If you do enable 3D in the game it enhances the 3D even more. Don't know if I like it though with both enabled. But by itself it sounds great.

Off to test more music and games.

Oct 28, 2004 at 5:48 AM Post #10 of 28
All I have is my chaintech installed and these new drivers. They work for me, as opposed to some other Envy thing I tried.
icon10.gif
Anyhow, I'm wondering if I should use 2 channel or 2 channel hi sample rate... When I use 2 channel I get the option for 48k sample rate which seems to be what I use with 2 channel hi sample rate... Well anyways when I click hi sample rate + 2 channel it tells me digital out is not selected which doesn't sound good, b/c I read in another thread I should have digital out enabled. Well anyways I'm thouroughly confused. I have 2 channel normal selected with 48k sample rate.

So this ASIO4All thing... Should I hvae this?

BTW it might just be me, but I think my speakers sound better with this Chaintech and these drivers, even though they suck anyways.
lambda.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #11 of 28
Select high sample rate. It will disable digital out, line-in and the rest of the analogue outs. Then, in your music player, resample to 96khz and use kernel streaming or ASIO4All to bypass kmixer.

Oct 28, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #12 of 28
I can't figure out how to do kernal streaming instaed of ASIO4All, but I remember seeing it once. Is one better than the other?

Oh, I think part of my problem was finding a plugin for ASIO4All for winamp or foobar.

Oh well I see the output plugin for kernal streaming, but still none for ASIO4all.

Oct 28, 2004 at 7:40 AM Post #13 of 28
I tried doing it as Iron Dreamer suggested in this thread:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/archi...p/t-73427.html

But still I get errors. It says:

NFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Trance\DJ Tiesto - Magik 6 - Live in Amsterdam - LAME\01. Magik 6 - Live In Amsterdam - [afterburn _ Fratty Boy].mp3" (0)
ERROR (foo_out_ks) : KS output error: error opening device.

I tried resetting everything, and now when I try to play something nothing still happens. Also, when I play stuff in winamp, it goes like 20 seconds, 1:30, 2:50... basically flies through the song in like 10 seconds without playing anything...

Oct 28, 2004 at 8:18 AM Post #15 of 28
It is on 96k. I uninstalled all devices and drivers and programs and re-installed them and it still won't work...

Okay I switched the plug in the back that I was using and it works, but I'm still not sure about the Kernal Streaming...

Yeah I still get the error:

KS Output Error: Error Opening Device

I installed ASIO4All, but it's not listed as an output method and I can't find any plugins for foobar... can't find any .dll's to drop into the system folder like the Chaintech review said, either.

Also, now I'm using all the same settings as in here:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/archi...p/t-73427.html

except I'm using direct sound instead of KS. I'm getting some pops during playback... I don't know how to stop this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back