new Enigma album: Seven Lives Many Faces
Sep 23, 2008 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

compuryan

1000+ Head-Fier
You can see their website here: Enigma - SEVEN LIVES MANY FACES
You can hear some of their music on their myspace: MySpace.com - Enigma - Official MySpace - Ibiza, Balears - Ambient / Pop / Electronica - www.myspace.com/enigmaplanet

I have loved every release this group has put out since I discovered them. They have a world/electronic/new-age sound that I just love. Their newest album is really great, and and features an "omnicultural" sound says Michael Cretu, the producer.

enigma7xg6.jpg

Sep 23, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 17
I have to check this out!.....I've listened to them for a while now. One of my favorite albums is: "The Screen Behind the Mirror"

Sep 23, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 17
I have listened to the single CD that came out at the end of August (La Puerta Del Cielo - Seven Lives) and enjoyed it. But Enigma music has to be experienced as a whole album so I am waiting to receive it (got it on pre-order, out Sept 19 in Europe but 30th here). I was always fond of all of Cretu's creations (even the one he did with Ruth Ann) but I was hoping for something more along the lines of A Posteriori... Still, have to listen to the full album first to judge it
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 17
hmm, I hope this is better than some that has shown up in the past. Might be interesting.

Sep 24, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #6 of 17
Checking it out right now. Thanks for letting us know...

Sep 30, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #7 of 17
Alright, I took delivery of Seven Lives Many Faces today. First of all, I'd like to tell everyone that I was jaw-dropping in front of the TV back in early 1990 when I saw the Sadeness video. I have been a fan of Enigma ever since then, thru the good and the bad.

To me, Voyageur would probably be the "worst" Enigma album of all, altho I never really became vindicative by boycotting all new Enigma releases, and thank God I didn't. Because when A Posteriori was released, I was almost in awe again. Finally, a step forward, a new unique sound while still retaining the Enigma feel. And thank you for getting rid of the cheesy lyrics of the past few albums and going almost all instrumental.

Now comes Seven Lives Many Faces... Ouch.

Here comes the incredibly cheesy lyrics once again, the foreign language songs (funny, since Jens Gad has been doing the same after he split with Cretu... I guess Jens Gad still has a feet in Enigma's door after all).

I'm really disappointed. But the good news is, I can abuse A Posteriori all I want, it's in my m3 player, no fear of going thru the CD by playing it too much
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #8 of 17
I just picked it up a couple days ago. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but I still leave it on my album rotation on my Zune when I'm out and about. It's a nice album to listen to while doing other things (like cleaning the house....).

Hell's Heaven track had me checking my player for an error with that awkward electronic noise, entire song was ruined with the inclusion of that effect.

Downtown Silence and Sunrise were the only songs I found to be interesting. The title song Seven Lives has really good energy to it, but left me feeling like I was listening to a pop station.

Oct 1, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #9 of 17
Picked it up a couple of days ago.
Quite nice album indeed, which reminds me of their albums from the 90's.

Oct 2, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #10 of 17
I listened to it last night and I enjoyed it very much.
Not their best work but not bad at all.
Some cheesy and foreign lyrics bet hey, it's Enigma.
I actually like the foreign lyrics.
All in all good stuff, check it out.

Oct 3, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #12 of 17
Ok, I had to travel this whole past week. I took the NJ transit Raritan train. I had time to listen to it.
I Had ripped the CD to my Cowon A3 formatted in FLAC. The firts time I listened, with my Shure's SE530s,...........and wow....I was impressed!!
jecklinsmile.gif
Like someone here said you have to experience the whole album nonstop to be taken to a far away place. On my way back home, I had to urge to listen a second time, from beginning to end. This time I pulled out my ATH ES7s and I really enjoyed my portable experience with the new Enigma album. I wouldn't say this is for die hard fans only, because it's not. The album has so many elements of different genres of music, that could please anyone with an open mind to a musical journey. I recommend it, take a listen, have no expectations, listen to all the nuances and layers in each track, enjoy the chants, voices, melancholic melodies, electronic modern or not too modern effects. The album deserves your ears, and your money!
darthsmile.gif

My favorite tracks are:
Seven lives (great Hip Hop drums with amazing Strings)
The Same Parents (Beautiful guitar, heartfelt throughout)
Je T'aime Till My Dying Day (Makes me want to scream "TILL MY DYING DAY"!!)
darthsmile.gif

Just my input!!

I need to listen to the 2nd cd though.

Oct 14, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is pretty well recorded isn't it ?

Yeah, sounds like that to me...
Very little background noise, and with the dynamic range intact. Just like we like it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back