tym

New Head-Fier
Hi,

There is a new beta driver for this soundcard for windows 7:

http://connect.creativelabs.com/emu/default.aspx

It works also on xp and vista.

Did someone already tried it ?

Dec 16, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #2 of 11
FINALLY SOMETHING!  My 0404 works with the old driver on win7 64 bit, but its ultra glitchy.  Hopefully this will clear up my issues.  Will have to try this later tonight and report back.

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #4 of 11
tried it.  works fine, but no improvement to my dropout issues.  No noticeable difference over the past driver.  

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #5 of 11
well that sucks. i dont use the USB b/c it keeps having these random clicks and pops... optical it stays

Dec 17, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
tried it.  works fine, but no improvement to my dropout issues.  No noticeable difference over the past driver. 

Did the installation updated the microcode in the soundcard ? (like the current stable driver did) I'd like to try this driver but only if it doesn't update the soundcard microcode.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #7 of 11
The driver can be improved indefinitely - you'll still get glitches if your system isn't capable* of streaming audio over usb.

*) or misconfigured

Dec 17, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #8 of 11
tym: Not sure about the microcode.  Is there are way to check?

xnor:  my system should handle usb streaming just fine.  Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz and 4 gigs of ram.  Not a stellar system, but at least should be able to stream audio without glitches.  I know you have posted in other threads about the 0404, but do you have any suggestions for exactly how my system should be configured.  Im running foobar with ASIO4all.  

Dec 17, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #9 of 11
Have you run a DPC latency checker tool to verify that the systems is able to send audio data packets every 1ms?

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
tym: Not sure about the microcode.  Is there are way to check?

When I updated to the last stable driver, there was a screen that shows the current microcode version, the version of the new microcode and proposed to update it in the soundcard. So probably, if it updated the microcode, it was shown somewhere in the installation process. If you saw nothing like this, probably the microcode did not change.

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #11 of 11
Tried the beta driver, it doesn't update the soundcard microcode.
With the current stable driver, the sound quality had slightly decline compared to the previous driver (this has been noticed by other users), I feel the best quality is back with this beta driver. Hope it will continue with the next stable release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back