From Audio Federation, CES 2008.

MEDIUM_RELEASE_IMG_3873.jpg

MEDIUM_RELEASE_IMG_3875.jpg

MEDIUM_RELEASE_IMG_3892.jpg

MEDIUM_RELEASE_IMG_3887.jpg

MEDIUM_RELEASE_IMG_3876.jpg

MEDIUM_RELEASE_IMG_3891.jpg

Aug 27, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 17
I'm probably in the minority in hating mirror gloss finishes but, blech, that black chassis would be the bane of my existence.

It's so pretty, I must touch it. Damnit, now I must clean it. So pretty... Ugh.

Aug 27, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if swapping in the Dac2 would be a worthy upgrade over the DCC2? Hmmm.....

Good question! Maybe you should try and report back!
biggrin.gif

Seriously now. The main differences in comparison with the DCC2 is that the DAC2 has a USB audio input and has no preamp function.
I'm not sure about the D/A conversion differences, but I read somewhere it uses a new technology. If it's true, we might have a sound quality improvement, but there's no official info that I'm aware of.
Another key difference is that the DAC2 works using word clock, and the connection between it and the TSD1 will be established by the optilink interface only. In other words, no clock connections anymore.

Aug 27, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #8 of 17
more info

---------------

EMM Labs DAC2 - 2-channel Digital-Analog-Converter - WAITING LIST
The all-new EMM Labs DAC2 is a 2-channel reference digital-to-analog-converter. The DAC2 utilizes EMM Labs' newly developed and truly groundbreaking world clock system. This unique feature totally eliminates all external jitter, regardless of the source it derives from.

DAC3.jpg

The new DAC2 features EMM Labs' ingenious MDAT signal processing system and signal conversion system.

The DAC2 has XLR outputs as well as RCA outputs. For music lovers who use computers and music servers for storing and obtaining music, the DAC2 is USB compatible. Another user-friendly feature is the digital input section, consisting of a total of 7 digital inputs.

The DAC2 is designed for the priveliged audience that will settle for nothing but the very best attainable performance from any digital playback system, regardless of price, but do not have the need for multi-channel functionality.

The EMM Labs DAC2 is available in standard silver or black finish. For an additional fee you will get glossy custom laquer in the color of your choice, which will underline the exclusiveness of this truly magnificent audio product even stronger.

EMM Labs TSD1 - CD/SACD Transport - WAITING LIST
The EMM Labs TSD1 is an all-new reference CD/SACD transport utilizing a new ultra high-precision disc drive mechanism designed and manufactured in Germany. The product has the same functionality as the CDSD SE, as well as Optilink connection for compatability with the new EMM Labs DAC2 reference digital-to-analog converter.

TSD1.jpg

If you have no use for multi-channel compatability, but are looking for the ultimate digital audio playback system derived from the latest and most advanced cutting-edge audio engineering, you do not need to look any further than to the outstanding EMM Labs TSD1 CD/SACD Transport and the EMM Labs DAC2 Stereo Digital-Analog-Converter. Please contact us for further information and demonstration.

The EMM Labs TSD1 CD/SACD Transport is available in standard silver or black finish. For an additional fee you will get glossy custom laquer in the color of your choice.

Aug 27, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #10 of 17
you know it, though, public opinion within the next few months might give the older model some cult status especially if EMM Labs took a misstep forward.

Aug 28, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by foo_me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am curious what the MRSPs are though?

I'm not sure how reliable this source is, but it gives a good idea about the MRSPs:

CDSD 7.700€
DCC2 7.100€
CDSA 7.700€
DAC2 6.400€
TSD1 7.400€

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #14 of 17
Com'on, take one for the team!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I actually prefer the look of the current stack - this new iteration looks too round. That glossy laquer is just asking for fingerprints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back