New earphones
Oct 28, 2009 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

rycon

New Head-Fier
I used to own sen cx95 earphones but they just broke.I am looking for a good pair of earphones preferably for music listening (electronic music) and dvds.

These earphones will be used only at home and not on any portable mp3 players etc.My sound setup is a logitech z5500 pod connected too an xfi champion series soundcard.I directly connect my earphones to the pod headphone jack.

If there are any earphones at the price range of 50 - 60euros and considered as an upgrade over the cx95 that would be great.

I can buy a pair of razer moray earphones locally at about 35euros but they seem to be the usual pure marketing product and no performance.

Oct 28, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 14
Did you like the CX95? What didn't you like about it? What music do you listen to? What's the maximum budget?

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by R3SET /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you like the CX95? What didn't you like about it? What music do you listen to? What's the maximum budget?

Cx 95 where good really but buying them again seems boring.I listen to electronic music , mostly trance/electro/house.

My maximum budget is 50 - 60 euros

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #5 of 14
can anyone recommend me some good earphones for my price range please?
smily_headphones1.gif

I found these pair of earphones from amazon.co.uk (They ship to malta) and from the reviews everyone says that they are byfar one of the best in there price range.

Klipsch Image S4 earphones are they really that good?

Oct 29, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
radiopaq jazz are good, may be a little warm for what you want. id guess the denon c551 could be of interest to you

The denon c551 are 10 euros cheaper then the Klipsch Image S4 i was looking at.

So for trance music,dvd,gaming and only inside use should i go for the klipsch image s4 ,the denon c551 or another earphone? (For full sound setup see first post)

Oct 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamekiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With 55-60 euros, i think re0 will the best choice for u
smily_headphones1.gif

Re0?

Dennon seem nice but they lack the nice looks and people said that they lack in highs.On the other hand the s4 earphones seemed to get very good reviews on both lows,mids,highs and base.

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #11 of 14
I had the Dennon's and have the s4i's now. They both sound very good... Dennon's didn't isolate terribly well, but that might be fixed by different tips, and the s4i's are just marginally better... There was a little more sound leakage in the Denon's as well, maybe because of the hole in the back?

The biggest complain I had about the Dennon's was the cable, too short or too long, and heavy enough to pull on the bud, at least for me...

The s4i's cable however is very very very thin...

Did I mention it is thin?

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #12 of 14
I hate it when they keep sticking out because of the cable weight.I also didn't like the denon that much because of there looks.Even if i will be using these inside it still bothers me that they look like the old range of earphones.

Well a very thin wire on the other hand might be a problem.I had my cx95 connected to an extension and routed so that they don't end up caught somewhere and tear.They stopped working in 7 months or so.

I should go for the marginally better earphones.What type of music do you listen to on the s4? Any gaming and dvds?

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #13 of 14
If you listen to electronic music, you will need the bass impact to be at least moderate. The S4 would be a prime choice for your price range.

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you listen to electronic music, you will need the bass impact to be at least moderate. The S4 would be a prime choice for your price range.

I'll buy the S4 then.Trance music does have a few vocals but base is very important in any electronic music genre.

Is the s4 bass overpowering? Although base is important i don't like it overpowering the vocals etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back