New earbuds: AKG K317?
Dec 12, 2009 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DogCatcher

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody!
What do you think about the AKG K317? I would go for the 315s but I heard they absolutely are not worth the price..
I really don't know earphones, so I ask you: is there something good and worth the price? Other brands, like Sennheiser or Grado or whatever...?
Thank you so much
smile_phones.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #3 of 8
The K317 is a neck strap type earphone. It is good but many people don't want or need that type. You have three choices for good AKG earbuds, The K316(earhook), K317(lanyard/neck strap) and K319(standard earbud).

Dec 13, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #5 of 8
Sorry I couldn't find kostalex review of the 317s! Where is it?
Anyways, are lanyard earbuds really that uncomfortable? I've never had one, so I don't know exactly how it is.. Is it ridiculous to wear?
icon10.gif

Oh God why do they do things like this?? More and more doubts!
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by DogCatcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry I couldn't find kostalex review of the 317s! Where is it?
Anyways, are lanyard earbuds really that uncomfortable? I've never had one, so I don't know exactly how it is.. Is it ridiculous to wear?
icon10.gif

Oh God why do they do things like this?? More and more doubts!
biggrin.gif

Lanyard should not be uncomfortable but can be annoying. They are good for sports since the buds stay in your ears and cord noises are minimal. I have one neck strap style, the NX55, and I like it. Taking the slack off the cables makes them more comfortable/fit better and you can just wear them instead of worrying about a case and winding/unwinding and tangles and all that. Also they don't get caught on things and yanked out of your ears which means they will last longer.

Theses are good on the cheaper side Newegg.com - Cresyn CS-EP300KL 3.5mm Gold-Plated Connector Earbud Uniquely Designed Stereo Headphone (Black)

For mid priced the PK3, OK3, and the 3 AKG's are good(I'm kinda like the looks of the red K316's).

For the higher price the OK2 is very good and is still easy to drive. The PK1 and OK1 are excellent but need more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back