New Earbuds@120$~
Mar 6, 2007 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

ofir-harlev

New Head-Fier
I'm sorry for posting a new thread so soon after my last one, which was yesterday, but I didn't get my answer, plus my question changed a bit since I learned a few new things.
-I'm looking for new earbuds for about 120$.
They'll go with my old Rio Karma MP3 player.
I want them to have warm bassy sound.
Up until now I was sure the V-moda vibe are my best option, comparing them to the Shure E3C, and the UE superfi 5 EB. Because the vibes aren't completely sealed, and they are said to have more bass.
Since my audio files arent in good quality, I want them earphones to have more character than clearness.
What do u guys think I should do?
Thanks in Advance, and sorry
blink.gif

p.s.
Since I'm from Israel, I want u to understand that I just CAN'T try them out, I'm totally counting on ppls' opinions and reviews.

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 22
The super fi EB's are very bassy, and i have heard they are "luke-warm"? Also, v-moda has some quality control issues, so i would stay away.

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 22
MDR EX90... mod them to warm up the mids by taking out the foam filter and mesh screen.

It is my most warm and bass heavy portable, yet still retains just enough detail to be fun/interesting.

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 22
I would go with the vibes over the EB. Also, like you said, their semi-open nature is really something unique.

Mar 6, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Normal earbuds. Yuin PK1 perhaps?

A PK2 would probably be better suited for him because it seems he's running his Rio Karma unamped. It's also been said to be more warm and musical vs. the PK1.

Mar 6, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A PK2 would probably be better suited for him because it seems he's running his Rio Karma unamped. It's also been said to be more warm and musical vs. the PK1.

Ah, I meant PK2. Sorry, my bad. Interesting little earbuds. Looks like some cheap hongkong POS at first glance, but should sound extremely good.

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #9 of 22
v-moda vibes for semi-isolation and warm sound

yuin pk2 for cheaper looking earbuds that is "low profile" and similar SQ, but less isolation

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #10 of 22
I won't go for the Yuin pk2 because I actually can't deal with regular earbuds.
If they don't have something to help them stay inside, there is no way they're staying in my ears =\
Kramer, I actually don't really wanna mess with 100$ worth-o-earphones. Especially without any exp. in earphones. I don't know about u, but to me 100$ is a great deal of money.
So I guess I'll have to go with the Vibes after all.
Do u think they'll be easy to find around NYC?
Thanks a lot mates
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll keep u updated.

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MDR EX90... mod them to warm up the mids by taking out the foam filter and mesh screen.

It is my most warm and bass heavy portable, yet still retains just enough detail to be fun/interesting.

ANd how how do they sound without the mod? Still recommend them highlY?

Mar 7, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ANd how how do they sound without the mod? Still recommend them highlY?

I'd skip them without the mods. IMHO the upper mids are a little too recessed for my tastes. People should realize my sonic preference is the KSC75/Grado kind of sound... hence my preference for the d-jays and PK1 too.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd skip them without the mods. IMHO the upper mids are a little too recessed for my tastes. People should realize my sonic preference is the KSC75/Grado kind of sound... hence my preference for the d-jays and PK1 too.

Why hasnt many people recommended the d-jays then? I'm lost in "head-fi" translation.

Mar 7, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #15 of 22
I'm enjoying my music w/ the vibes I got today, broke them in for about 10 hrs but still much better than my Sennheiser CX300's. Can't go wrong with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back