New earbud/ in ear buying confusion
Apr 8, 2016 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

almoskosz

100+ Head-Fier
So, as you could see in my bio, my Shure Se-315 was busted, and now I have to buy a new one. Not Shure, as I didn't like them as much. 
I would use it almost always on the go. Walking, running, whilst in gym, on the bike, etc... I really need one that sits very firmly in my ears, not coming out very easy. 
My budget top out about 200 pounds, but I'd really like to keep it under 100 if possible, although would be a worthy investment considering how much I will listen to it. 
The sound I am looking for is just on the warm side of analytical. I really hate that typical bloated bass of almost all cheaper earphones. My main headphone is the Hifiman he-400i, and I would like the earphone to sound similarly to that, with present, extended, powerful bass which isn't louder or over any other frequency. Also, I love treble, my only concern with the Hifiman too is the lack of treble.
The two contenders are the Hifiman re-400 although that wouldn't stay in my ears so secure, and the Etymotic ER-4 which has just the sound I need, based on what i read about it, but that is told to have horrible durability, which is not the best when using it in an uncontrolled environment. 

Please post your suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back