new e500 experience / motorcyclists
Oct 19, 2006 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

jrussell6

100+ Head-Fier
so, i finally got my e500's, and ya know what, they're awesome, not as "fun" as my grado 325i's, but awesome. sound great with the total bithead from my mac pro, sound great from my ipizzle.

For the motorcyclists of head-fi,
these are the shiz-nizzle.
SO you put your iems on and then your helmet, you can't hear anything at all, but wait theres that button down by your belt, and presto you can hear better than if you had just the helmet on. while you ride, no wind noise, and pure focus, massive attack is playing down mellow as you toss from side to side through the twisties. you come to a strait away and blast past some dude driveing ms daisy in a volvo, you still get a hint of your devil pipes screaming to life, and it makes you smile, but you can still make out every nuance of horace andy's voice.. you get to the next light and he pulls up next to you screaming somehting,, what's that, you can't hear it. you didn't even notice untill you saw his ugly mug looking constipated. you push the button,,, what's that,,, sorry i couldn't hear you. ,,,,, oh,, well f u too. push the button and off you go.
furshizzle these dizzles in my earnizzle.
cool.gif

ps, i apologise for the over snoopification, but hey, it's a weird day

Oct 19, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #3 of 25
do you feel better about yourself?

Oct 19, 2006 at 9:30 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
This is another example of why drugs are bad for you, folks.

Lol.

Oct 19, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Seems dangerous riding a motor bike with IEMs.

I was thinking the same thing. But then again, I never rode a motorcycle, so I can't say with certainty if it is indeed dangerous. On paper it seems quite dangerous though, especially if you are driving in city areas or other heavy traffic areas. I would also think that it might be illegal in some states as well (again just speculation).

Perhaps the hardcore motorbike riders can elaborate.

Oct 19, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #10 of 25
Well, he did say that with PTH on, he could hear better than without the IEM's at all. So maybe it isn't too bad.

Oct 19, 2006 at 1:27 PM Post #11 of 25
IIRC some bikers say they can't hear anything anyway because of wind noise. So I guess wearing an IEM wouldn't mean much.. but ofcourse there's the added distraction of the music playing.

Oct 19, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Seems dangerous riding a motor bike with IEMs.

Actually it depends. You have to understand its very loud going 80-90mph on a crotch rocket, especially with a race helmet. I know I would love to drown out the wind!

The issue to me is what happens if you go down AND what happens if somehow the volume is not locked...

Oct 19, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #13 of 25
Actually it isn't bad at all. I can still hear normal traffic around me with the E4C and it does help with the wind/pipe noise. Guess it depends on what your volume setting is.

Oct 19, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #14 of 25
yeah folks, there's a fine line with a lot of things on a motorcycle, i definatly wouldn't recommend wearing iems in city traffic, but usually i ride late at night or early on sat/sun. and certainly not in the city. sometimes i'll ride with just one ear plugged in. but alot of riders also use earplugs under their helmets as extended wind noise has been known to cause hearing damage. i use the ipod and as the tv say's,, i set it and forget it, use the "hold" button to lock the volume and put it on my riding playlist, keep the volume low enough to hear horns and other loud signals. as far as being distracting, it's quite the opposite, i'm not analyzing music while i ride, it keeps something flowing through my head so i don't think about anything else. imagine being in a big room with a hundred other people while trying to do calculus, you can hear every little thing that everybody does,, and it does't follow a beat, but when you but the phones on,, your calculus becomes easier because your not destracted by a thousand little sounds. at least that's how it works for me, ADD and all.

because the e5oo has that plug close to the top,, if need be i just yank it and the music is off, also,, yes the pth thingy works with all phones, i tried it with my grado's just for giggles and yep it works. also keep in mind that you couldn't turn pth on while moving, you would just get even louder wind noise.

Atheistic freedom- sorry for asking if you felt better about yourself, i didn't realize that you were only 16, i usually try to be nice to children.

Oct 19, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussell6
Atheistic freedom- sorry for asking if you felt better about yourself, i didn't realize that you were only 16, i usually try to be nice to children.

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back