New -durable- IEM for $150ish?
Jun 29, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #16 of 35
Well,  than I've no idea what to chose ! The options are either unavaible or soldout DBA 2 seems nice, but no reputable website has 'em :S   perhaps  IE7? or ety MC5?

Man... the more I read the less I'm able to decide !

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #17 of 35
There's nothing wrong with any of the places selling the DBA 02. Fischer Audio just isn't a big enough company and doesn't have as much stock as say a Sennheiser, Shure or any of those big name companies. I got no clue about the other two although there are a couple who have the MC5 as it is a very new product and seem to like it. The MC5 would definitely be an option since it is an Etymotic and it is cheap at $79.

Jun 29, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #19 of 35

Quote:
Are the RE0s really that fragile?  I'm really starting to get paranoid reading all these complaints about their durability.  My pair should be here later this week...

I just got this this week. They look very durable, but the wires, while tank, are jointed cheaply. If you look through the wire splitter hole, you'll see what I mean. I'm pretty sure that the product is durable, it just appears to look cheap (I think?). But damn, these are good sounding headphones.

Jun 29, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #20 of 35
Rawster, could you link me to a place that sells the DBA 02 online and ships to the US? as the only place that I know of is amazon.com and "buy fischer audio dba2 " on google proves no results other than their own website.

And yes, REs do seem rather cheaply build, from my own experience with the Re2s anyway, They sound sooo good, but feellll sooo cheap ( counting that one just broke down yesterday). But yeah, if you read around the forum, the general consensus is mixed, though I lean more towards "not durable" based on my personal experiencie.

Jun 29, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #21 of 35
Maudit, you can buy the DBA-02 from bugdenaudio (ethan961 on Head-Fi) or eBay. Both places are out of stock for now, but they'll be back at the end of August. I know eBay is letting you buy them now, and they will be shipped to you once available, but I'm sure you can place a pre-order from BugdenAudio also (PM Ethan to see). It's the same price at both places, so you won't find a better deal anywhere, good luck

FWIW, I went through Ethan and transaction couldn't have gone more smoothly. I like talking to the people I buy from, so they'll remember you in the future if you have any problems or anything. Shipping to the US (he's in Vancouver) took 7-10 days and only cost $7, which was the cheapest option, so great value...

Jun 29, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #23 of 35
Agree, either Budgen or GD-Audiobase on ebay are reputable. I got my DBAs from the ebay person, who also has a HF ID (marinepilot?), and he's honest and an authorized dealer. I believe they are due in mid-July, which means a late July delivery from Russia. Sure, buying them is a risk, but only because replacement is difficult. But I love the DBAs. I have to call them the as having the best price to performance ratio of any IEM I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot.

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #24 of 35
I saw budgen audio, just didn't think of them as a reputable store. Guess I'll have to wait, though being with my crappy  creatieve erp630 for such a long time is yuck! Becase that means early/mid august delivery in any case.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the new Etys MC5s?

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #27 of 35
If they are "interested in the Etys" they won't be able to tell you anything because they don't own them yet. So asking for any thoughts on the new Etys means you want to hear from people who don't own them? I believe people who own them are going to post in the MC5 thread, and that's where you will find information on them.

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #28 of 35
Ok! sheesh! Sorry man! Take it easy! Post Patrol... You never know who owns what or not :)

No, seriously, Sorry, i've just been reading and reading and man... it's really hard to make up my mind, so I just ask anywhere and everywhere. Butt, from now on i'll bump my own thread :p

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #29 of 35
Ety ER-4P.  ER-4's have been around for 10 years or more, and they are supposed to be very durable.  Two year replacement warranty.  The ER-4P is a lower impedence with a tad bit more bottom end.  ER-4S is 100-ohm and probably needs a good amp to sound it's best out of most portable players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back